Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Robust?



Okay, quick side story on the bike. I decided to get it last minute, and I was looking at different sites, price checking and seeing what was out there. I also looked on ebay which is where I found the bike. But I've never bought on ebay before, so I had a lesson to learn. I made a bid on a bike, just like Adelynne's, but after I made the bid, I realized that the bidding wouldn't close until the day before her birthday, and that wouldn't be enough time to get her the bike. So then I just went and did the "Buy It Now" option on another bike. I looked at the picture and all the info it had on the bike, and it looked like it would be perfect for Adelynne. The stickers on the bike had flowers and butterflies and the word "Pretty." Very girly, but perfect. When the bike arrived we had to assemble it, and after putting Adelynne to bed, Dustin got to work with the tools. When I took a good look at the bike, I noticed that instead of the word "Pretty" on the stickers, it said "Robust." That's right, "ROBUST." I wasn't sure what to think. The box said "Made in China" so I could only assume that "Robust" is a chinese translation of pretty. But I was not about to let Adelynne ride around on a bike that had "Robust" on four different places on the bike! Call me crazy, but I didn't think that was a very flattering compliment for any girl of any age. Though of course, about 90% of our neighbors are from a different country, and probably about 50% of them are Asian, so maybe none of them would think anything of it. Luckily, they were stickers, so I peeled all of the stickers off that said "Robust." And now it is just a pink bike with flowers on it. But I actually think it looks a little better with just a few flowers instead of all of them. Oh, and on Monday, the 7th, I got an email from ebay, congratulating me on winning the bid for another girl's bike. Hope that one doesn't say "Robust" too.

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

What a funny story. She looks so grown up on her bike.

The Short Family said...

How funny!! I am with you, I wouldn't like her riding a robust bike either. :) It would be like putting Jack in something pink.

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

yep, if it had been a boy's bike it would have been ok. It was probably on e-bay because the stickers were wrong.