On Saturday, June 21st, my Aunt Jill and cousin Lisa-Marie came into town for a visit on their drive from Virginia to California. It was so exciting to have family stay and visit since most of my family lives in California and therefor we don't get many visitors. Well, with our visitors, we planned to show them Purdue campus, and then to go to Columbian Park and go to the zoo. However, despite a week of beautiful weather, Saturday became a day of storm clouds and rain showers. So we had the chance between rain showers to go show them the wonderful fountains at Purdue, but then it began to rain again. We weren't sure what we should do, but then my Aunt said, "Let's go to a thrift store!" Dustin graciously took the girls home for naps, while my aunt and cousin and I went to the local Good Will store for some shopping. I have never had a chance to really browse at the Good Will, and I didn't realize what fun clothes you can find there with some companions and lots of time. We were there for almost 3 hours, and on the way home we stopped at the Silver Dipper for some ice cream. We called Dustin to let him know we were coming home and us girls decided to play a little trick on him. Before we had gone to the Good Will, Dustin "jokingly" said, "Don't buy any big furniture." So when I had Dustin on the phone I said, "Do we have any rope, because we are going to come home and get some for this thing we bought." There was a moment of silence on the phone before Dustin answered me. But we put his fears at ease when we came home with a few bags of clothes. Oh, and Aunt Jill treated Lisa-Marie and I both to the clothes we picked out, Thanks Aunt Jill, you're awesome!
Later that evening Aunt Jill treated us to dinner as well. We ate out at Christos city grill. None of us had been there before, so it was fun to try something new, and it was really great food! The appetizers weren't anything special, but I tried a Gyro-and I would eat that again. My cousin got some tasty ribs, and I tried them and they were great too. AFter dinner we came back to our place and put the girls to bed. Then we had some grown up time and watched August Rush-a cute movie. And of course we three ladies talked late into the night. Yeah for late night chats with the ladies! I had a great time with my aunt and cousin, and I'm hoping it will happen on their next cross country tour. And who knows, maybe the weather will behave next time.


1 comment:
visitors are always so fun...especially family! I am glad you had such a great time.
Post a Comment