To celebrate Independence Day, we got together with our friends and ate and ate, lots of food. The kids played on the playground nearby and the grownups talked and socialized. Some of us even got out the frisbee and tossed it around. We all had a great time just being with our friends. I realize that I didn't get any pictures of anyone but our family, but I got some good ones of us. We didn't stay up for the fireworks because we were so tired-not just the girls, and Dustin and I just figured it wouldn't be worth it this year. Maybe next year when Adelynne is just one year older. I think she will appreciate them better when she's almost four.
We hope everyone else had a great day. And we just want you all to know how grateful we are to live in this country. Although we may not always be pleased with the leaders of our country, we still love this country. We are grateful for the founding fathers who put together our Constitution under the divine influence of our God. And we are grateful for all those past and present who put their lives at liberty to keep us free. May God bless you all!


2 comments:
It looks like such a fun day. I don't blame you for not staying up. When the kids are little and tired, they don't know what they are missing. There will be plenty of years of fireworks in the future! The pictures are so cute. I just love being able to be more a part of your family's day to day life even though we live so far away from each other. Thanks for keeping a blog.
I'm sorry for anyone who finds the fireworks' sound annoying, it sure is bugging me. However I cannot find a way to silence it without just turning off the volume on my computer. Ugh!
Post a Comment