I took the girls swimming over at the Beaux Jardin Apartments where Minnie lives at, its actually something we've been doing at least once a week. Its a great pool to go to because we practically get the pool to ourselves during the time of day that we go-late morning to early afternoon. Adelynne asks about every day, "Can we go for a swim?" I wish it was easy enough to go every day, but when you have to grease up, suit up, and buckle up 3 girls, it takes a good 45 minutes. And usually I pack a lunch as well, so that takes extra time. Then with all of the towels, water gear, lunches, and diaper bag I am usually hauling 3 to 4 large bags with me. I feel like I'm packing for a weeks vacation when I go to the pool. But I'm working at becoming more efficient at the process so that it is not as difficult. Once we are there, it is a lot of fun though. Yesterday I finally remembered to not only bring the camera, but to take pictures as well. Yesterday was also more warm than it has been, though it was still a pleasant day to be outside. So since the sun was out, the water was refreshing because it cooled you down, but it wasn't as cold as it has been the last several weeks either. Because it was warm, Amy actually got in the water and stayed in, and enjoyed it, and I got in all the way too. We were there for about 2 and a half hours just soaking up the sun, (a little too much-oops!) and enjoying the water. It was fun to see Amy really have a good time in the water. Usually she will get her feet in and then get out as fast as she can, and then she spends her time wandering around eating snacks and watching everyone else. Also, every time we've gone, Adelynne has been getting more and more brave, (thanks to the influence of Minnie-who is the bravest 3 year old in the water, no fear whatsoever-she's awesome in the pool)! This time Adelynne swam out into the deep end all on her own. She is also beginning to dunk her head under water, but she doesn't like it very much. Anyway, we had a great time with our friends, and we are always anxious to go back! See you at the pool!


1 comment:
How fun to go to a pool like that and have it to yourself. It makes it a little easier to keep track of your kids! Do you babysit Minnie? I love pictures of kids swimming. They look so cute and happy.
Post a Comment