
We finally made it to the Indianapolis Children's Museum on Saturday with a group of our friends. This is a museum you have to visit multiple times in order to really enjoy it all. With five floors and endless exhibits, it is hard to fit it all in, and when you've got young children there is no way you can see it all. We started out on the top floor where the carousel ride is and some fun play areas are as well. There is a mirror maze and some giant size games and some houses for kids of all age to play, and of course a carousel ride. I got some cute shots of the girls dancing to the carousel music, Amy is crying in the one because Dustin had to pull her out of the way and she wasn't too happy about it, but it didn't stop her from dancing. Then they got to go on the ride, and this was the event that Adelynne and Minnie talked about most of the week. I was expecting smiles and laughs from Adelynne as she loves to go on rides. But as soon as the animal she was on began to move she was terrified and she cried the rest of the ride. Luckily the ride doesn't go very long, but I was quite surprised to see her in tears. And once Adelynne was off the ride she was happy and dancing again-so at least it didn't phase her long.
After the top floor we took the girls to a Curious George Play. Adelynne's first live play, and she seemed to enjoy it all. At least she sat through the entire 40 minute play. Dustin and Amy enjoyed the small aquarium while we watched the play. It was a very cute dramatization of one of the stories by Margaret and H. A. Rey. I'm glad we went. Afterwards we ate are sack lunches and then we went to the Curious George exhibit room. Amy loved the rocket ship slide.

We also made a visit to the dinosaur exhibit, and on our way down we ran into the craft area and Adelynne wanted me to help her make a dinosaur out of clay. I know the pictures are blurry, but you get the point. Then we made it to the actual dinosaurs, and Adelynne might not have been so scared had Aubree not been talking about how scared she was. But Adelynne was definitely intrigued by these giant skeletons. Of course it was dark and there was some sound affects that were not helping with the scariness. I actually have a drawing of a dinosaur that Adelynne drew that I need to post. Next post. I think Adelynne's interest in dinosaurs is actually from watching Curious George. Well, we couldn't leave without seeing the comic book exhibit, and since Adelynne is also a fan of Spiderman, we thought she'd enjoy it. She did. She liked dressing up too. She wanted to try on all of the costumes, but of course I couldn't get her to leave them on long enough for me to get some good pictures. The girls were pretty much on their last leg by now, so we took them one last time up to the carousel floor. Adelynne went through the mirror maze one more time, and Amy danced to the carousel music some more. We had a fun time with our friends, and watching the girls explore. We'll be going back again, hopefully soon!
Here are a bunch of videos of Amy dancing and walking around. She was so happy to be out of her stroller!
3 comments:
Yay! It was so fun - thanks for letting us tag along.
That is an awesome children's museum. I am sure they had a great time and will love to go back some other time.
So cute! Looks like you're having a fun summer--I seriously love the zoo and Matt thinks I'm a little silly for it I think! And I don't think I told you earlier but I think the girls looked adorable in their Easter dresses! miss you!
Post a Comment