Monday, April 12, 2010

Let the gardening begin

Today I went and payed for our rented garden plot and tonight "as a family" we went and began the process of preparing our plot for gardening. Before leaving the apartment, that all to frequently asked question was asked, "Does anyone need to go to the bathroom before we go?" A chorus of "No" was the reply. So we all headed out with Dustin pulling the wagon full of our little gardeners. We got out to our plot and looked it over and within minutes Amy is doing a desperate potty dance accompanied by threatening screams of "I have to go potty!" But there was no time to even let her squat down on the grass. Aaah, crisis number 1. Then about 10 or 15 minutes go by and Adelynne cries out, "I have to go potty!" Ugh! She throws a tantrum because she doesn't want to go home to go potty. She would rather squat in the grass and pee. But no, I won't hear of it because she is 4 and 1/2 years old and can get home to pee! So Dustin took her home and solved that crisis, #2, and he also brought back clean underwear for Amy. So now, both girls are taken care of and Dustin and I really begin the fence putting up, and the soil raking. The girls run off to the nearby playground and within a few minutes Amy is screaming at the top of her lungs for mommy. I can see her in plain view, just standing on the bottom rung of the ladder. So I head over wondering what the problem is, and when I arrive I notice that she has peed down her legs, again! I thought she had taken care of that on the first crisis! Double Ugh. I marched her over to the grass next to our plot and sat her down, then I went looking for her missing shoes (because she ALWAYS takes them off). I found them and returned them to her and then made her wait there, yes, in her wet panties, until we were done with SOMETHING. As we were heading home Dustin said, "Well, at least it can only be better the next time." I sure hope so!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad to miss out on gardening with you guys this year! Good luck on all the planting, I hope you get lots of great food. And hopefully the girls will cooperate better next time you get out there and work!

Sarah Iddings said...

sounds like you had a blast...lol...we are going to do one too! We went and got one this evening and I think we are pretty close to you.

kimi + joe said...

Haha, I'm sorry - but it makes for a great story. I'm excited for your gardening adventures. Oh how I wish we had a plot of land for some fresh veggies etc. You'll have to post photos of the progress. Better luck next time!

Shelly Beth said...

Man, I feel you on those rough days. We were at a hotel yesterday and Isabelle did #2 in her underwear. She REFUSES to ever do it on the potty. Oh what fun! She hasn't had an accident in WEEKS and then had two on Saturday. What's the deal!?! It is so frustrating. Anyways, yeah on getting some work done in the garden! Good for you guys!

Our Carlson Family said...

A picture was unnecessary, you did a wonderful job descibing... but I am guessing it was a classic 'I wish I had the camera'- moment, or moments ;o)

Anonymous said...

:) Kids sure do keep us on our toes don't they? Last week we went to the library and it was one crisis after another. I blogged about it if you want a pretty entertaining read. I hope you are well and I miss you!!

http://pumpkinpatchdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/can-you-please-control-your-children.html