Amy has the most tender heart. This may make Adelynne sound like a spoiled child, but Adelynne will complain quite annoyingly (at times) when she doesn't get what she wants, whether its a seat, toy, or bowl. And it seems every time Adelynne complains, Amy willingly (without Dustin or I saying anything to her-- we are usually telling Adelynne to quite whining)! gives up whatever Adelynne wants. And she does it with a smile. If Adelynne is happy, then so is Amy! Amy loves people, she loves giving hugs and smiles. Outside of her family some of her favorite people are Josh, Sarah, Dylan, Elliot, Minnie, Molly, Sabrina, and Courtney. She usually greets these people by excitedly saying their name and then smiling at them or giving them a hug.
Amy's tantrums have lately gotten really bad. The other day we were outside and I made her share some chalk with a little boy and Amy flipped a lid. She ran screaming at the top of her lungs to our stairwell, up the stairs and I'm pretty sure into her room where she most likely slammed her door and threw herself on her bed. And when she realized that no one was around to hear her, she came back to the stairwell and screamed and screamed. When she gets mad, she gets MAD. She also has a great pouty lip that she is not afraid to use, it sticks out like a mile long. She's also become really klutzy lately. She has so many scratches and bruises from her face to her toes from tripping and falling so much. Some I have no idea how they got where they are.
Amy loves to play dress up (but I think this may be an excuse just to take off her clothes and be naked). She loves to dance, especially to the music videos on Dustin's ipod. Some of her favorite songs are "You belong with me" by Taylor Swift, a song from the Tinkerbell movie "Fly to your Heart," "Connected" from Barbie movie "Diamond Castle." "Move It, Move It" from "Madagascar," and maybe another or two. She does know some of the words and I sometimes hear her singing the songs throughout the day.
She loves chapstick, barbies, babies (dolls or real ones), being outside and riding her bike, digging in the sand or dirt, eating dirt (seriously), and playing with her friends. She can't wait until she can go to the preschool that Adelynne goes to, and to have long hair like a princess.
All around, Amy is just a happy little girl. She brings such a happy and joyful spirit to our home. She has a silly sense of humor that just seems to make you crack a smile no matter what is going on. I can't help but smile when I look at her beautiful face. I know she is a precious Child of God and I look forward to seeing her fulfill all the potential she has for this life as she grows. But for now I am going to do my best to enjoy her while she is 3. I love you, my Amy baby! Always.
3 comments:
What an amazing cake! I am very impressed. And such a sweetheart little girl!
I love all her faces!!! Such a cutie! I'll need to do an "Ode to Amy" sometime this week on my blog. Glad it was such a fun day. And horray for you updating all these posts. I enjoyed getting caught up. Love you sister!
That was a sweet bio Tracy! I have to laugh at the 2nd and 3rd paragraph... Isn't that just how we girls are?! We can be so sweet, and then we flip. So funny!
Post a Comment