Wednesday, April 14, 2010
She's growing up!
On Sunday Adelynne announced to Dustin and I that she wanted to ride a bike with a front wheel and a back wheel. I asked her if she meant that she wanted to take off her training wheels and she said yes. I told her it would be hard to learn, but she said without hesitation that she would practice. So, Dustin took off the training wheels Sunday night while I was gone to choir practice, and Adelynne had her first lesson. On Monday, I helped Adelynne ride her bike to preschool, which is around the corner from us. That was tough! I could tell she still needed some work on the balancing part. Our neighbor Christy even helped Adelynne practice a little after she got home from school. And then she practiced some more with Dustin too. Yesterday, she didn't practice at all. And most of the day today was gone when I asked Dustin to practice with her before it was bedtime since she didn't do anything yesterday. Dustin got Adelynne on her bike right away and within minutes he was hollering at me to watch. And Adelynne did it! She rode quite a distance without any help several times. When I saw her face she was just smiling so much and laughing with pride. It just made my heart leap to see her learn such a "big girl" thing. Its one of those milestones that your child accomplishes and you know they are growing up. I am so happy and proud of Adelynne for wanting to learn and then doing it. I thought it would take her one or two weeks before she got the hang of riding without the training wheels. When she is determined she can accomplish it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good for Adelynne! What a major accomplishment! ..And by the way, that 'conversation in the car' post is hilarious! During FHE Charlotte told Stacey that Jesus fed the 5000 "broccoli and M&Ms". Little kids are so funny!
Patti E.
That is so neat! Kids definitely do surprise you. All the sudden they can do something that feels very much like something only a big kid could do. What a fun journey!
What an accomplishment!! She is such a smart girl, I love having her in my primary class!
Wow, that is so great! Did you cry a little? I bet you cried... what a fun thing, to watch your children accomplish something they work so hard for.
Yay for Addy! I was 7 before I learned how to ride a bike. Learning when you are 4 is quite an accomplishment.
Your kids are soo cute! Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog! You are so nice! Yeah the dessert was the one from Teandra. It was super yummy! And not too hard to do.
Way to go, Addy! She's such a big girl. It's bittersweet. :(
Post a Comment