Friday, November 13, 2009

Guilty

I had a bad day as a mommy.

During one of my low moments, I told Adelynne that I was going to give her away to another family and that she needed to go pack her bag. (I know, how awful am I?)! She had the saddest face, and said in her most concerned, crying voice, "I don't want to go to another family. I love you!"

Oh, I gave her the biggest hug possible and calmed her fears. I told her that I love her too, and for another moment, (but just a moment), I felt loved and needed. If I can just think about that moment today, then it wasn't so terrible a day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all mother's have at some point at least had the thought of giving their children away. Just remember that in her heart of hearts, Adelynne really does love you. Hang in there!

Jessica said...

No worries, we all have moments like that. I get so frustrated some days and it's amazing how forgiving my kids are to me! I say things that I don't mean, and they do things that they don't mean. You are such a great mom, I bet she loves you so much!

Amy said...

I'm sorry! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! I love you!

Julia and Aaron said...

I had one of those days this week too...so glad when the day is over and I can start a new one on a new note!