Friday, August 19, 2011

Adelynne's 6th Birthday

July 8th, 2011
Good Morning Birthday Girl!!! This might be turning into a birthday tradition at our house-- making an age number pancake for each girl. The girls get a big kick out of this. I just love Adelynne's big smile, she was so excited for her birthday.

Amy got one too.

For Adelynne's birthday, we let her have a sleepover with her best friends, Minnie and Aubree and Aubree's little sister Sabrina (who happens to be Amy's best friend). The guests arrived and we began the night with dinner, (Adelynne's choice was chicken chili). And then we let Adelynne open her gifts.
Here is a hug from Minnie

A hug from Aubree:

The trio, reading a birthday card:

And just what Adelynne wanted for her birthday (well, almost). Adelynne had been asking for an "oopsie dog" since just after Christmas. She wanted a toy dog that walked and pooped because she had seen one in the store. Dustin and I had been telling her that she would have to wait until her birthday, so for 6+ months she waited, and talked about the "oopsie dog" that she wanted so badly. Well, her birthday was coming up and Dustin and I could not find the "oopsie dog" so we started asking Adelynne if another one would be okay, and she pointed out different options that she was okay with. So this is the one Dustin and I settled with. And now if you bring up the "oopsie dog" she is actually a little embarrassed about having wanted a toy that pooped. So she is happy with her little walking, yapping dog.
After presents the girls went outside and did a little slip n' slide and running around. Then our friends the Anderson's came by for a visit and we got out sparklers and fire crackers left over from the 4th. We actually had a lot leftover, and the kids were bored with them after a while and went firefly catching.
The crew: Aubree, Minnie, Adelynne, Sabrina, Amy, Luke, Kate, and Jessica holding Aurora. I don't think that I need to point out Dustin.


After firecrackers and fireflies, we went inside for some birthday cake! This year I let Adelynne pick out her cake from Walmart. It was very yummy!
After cake and ice-cream the girls settled down for a movie and popcorn. The girls watched Tangled which they have all seen before, nevertheless, they all laughed through the movie.


And just as they were all ready to settle down to go to sleep I got them all up for a crazy dance to the credit music. It was fun to see all of their happy faces. They eventually fell asleep sometime after midnight.
It was a wonderful way to celebrate Adelynne's birthday, and I'm so glad she got to do it with her wonderful, sweet friends because sadly this will likely be her last year celebrating with them. Aubree and Minnie have been in Adelynne's life since we moved here, she has been so blessed to have them as her friends!

3 comments:

Christi said...

How fun! I love the last picture!

Our Carlson Family said...

ummmm, so fun! Girls are awesome! oh, and you're right, you did not need to point out dustin... Don't even know what he was doing, but I couldn't stop chuckling.

PJ Evers said...

What a fun fun birthday! Those are incredibly happy faces - even Dustin!
Happy Birthday Adelynne!