Friday, October 8, 2010

Aurora's Blessing

Aurora was given a name and blessing by her father, Dustin, on September 26th, 2010 during our church services. My Dad was able to come out and participate in her blessing too. Also in the blessing circle was our bishop, Ralph Munguia, and our good friend Nate Bench. Unfortunately our friend Hans was unable to attend due to his son having a severe allergic reaction to cashews earlier that morning. In attendance was our many ward friends and also our close friends and neighbors the Josh, Sarah, Dylan, and Elliot Iddings. I am grateful that we could bless our sweet Aurora in front of our wonderful ward and friends. I grew up my entire life surrounded by grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, and when a baby was blessed, a child baptized, an award received, then family members were always there to support each other. Rows of pews were often taken over by all my family and the priesthood circle for a blessing was often so large that the brethren were turned sideways with their hands barely reaching the baby in the center. This was the first occasion for me in which so little of my family have been able to participate and where the priesthood standing in circle to bless the baby had space to stand shoulder to shoulder. During Aurora's blessing I was wishing that so many more of our family could be there, but I was grateful for those that were there. Dustin gave a sweet and simple blessing to Aurora. She was blessed with patience for those around her, for the opportunity to one day go to the temple, to be an example and help to her family, to have physical strength and health. Despite the small amount of family that came, I am ever so grateful for the amazing and supportive friends that came that day. I cannot think of all my friends and what they have done for me and my family through the last four years, and especially the last 5 weeks without tears pouring from my eyes. My heart is full to the brim of love and gratitude for my wonderful "family" here in Indiana. After church we went home and did some picture taking, and then we went over to Nate and Doreen Bench's house for a "family" dinner with my parents, sister, nephew, and friends. It was a great evening spent with our wonderful friends. Here are all the blessing pictures we took with my family before going to dinner. My Dad was loving the quick shutter on my camera and took so many pictures, it was hard for me to narrow them down.
My parents with Aurora: (Amy wasn't supposed to be in the picture, but she got a little offended when we tried to kick her out of it).

My parents with 3 (of their 6) granddaughters:

Dad and Dustin with Aurora:

A side of Dustin most people never see:

So sexy!

Aurora with her Daddy:

He is so good looking!

Aurora with her Mom and Dad:

Family photo:

Me with my darling princesses! All three of them wore the blessing dress. My sister and I also wore this dress:

The white afghan Aurora is wrapped in was made by Dustin's Grandma, Bertha Spann when Amy was born.

My mom and I with the girls:

My Mom, sister Amy, me and the girls. We are just missing the other 4 girls in our family.



My sister Amy and I with Aurora:

Amy and her son Brek with me and Aurora:

I put this picture in because it shows Aurora's little tongue. The doctor's called it a heart shaped tongue (my sister calls it a butt tongue). She doesn't have a pointy tip on her tongue-- I assume that is how a normal tongue is shaped:

I like this one:

With my wonderful parents:

3 comments:

Kayli said...

You and your family are so beautiful! I'm glad it was a good day~

Jessica said...

What a special day, it is so nice that you had family there with you! Your girls are so fun and adorable!

gpbiggs said...

Days like that day are the paydays for dad and me. We would not have been anywhere else. We love and miss you love mom