
We had a great day! In the morning after taking baths and doing a few chores we headed over to the church to help our friends do their cleaning assignment. Then we delivered some Christmas goodies to our friends. When we returned home Dustin and I commenced doing cleaning around the house. Poor Dustin had been feeling so lousy all morning with an allergy attack, but he is such a trooper and helped me out so much despite the fact that he felt so miserable. I tried to convince him to go rest, but he would not. Aurora napped for about 3 hours (!), and Adelynne and Amy had a blast playing together in the stair well. (With all of our stair well neighbors gone for the winter break, I decided that the girls could play out there, and they LOVED it. It was like I added on another room to the house). With all three girls busy, Dustin and I were able to get so much cleaning done! And then I made up two large trays of sliced vegetables, spinach dip in a sour dough bread bowl, cheese balls and crackers, and salami with cream cheese. I felt as though I was expecting a house full of friends and family to come eat and talk and laugh with me. But no one came over, and I was sad that I was not with my family. But then I put on Miracle on 34th St (the old classic one), and crocheted and cat napped a bit, and then it was time to start working on dinner. We invited a very nice couple from our ward that were spending Christmas on their own. They don't have any children, and they seemed excited to come over and be with us. They arrived and were immediately entertaining my girls. All three of the girls were having so much fun with them. We enjoyed dinner and conversation. I really enjoyed their company, and I'm glad that we invited them over. For dessert I made a chocolate cream pie and a pumpkin cheesecake and Adelynne was anxious for the chocolate pie. She was nearly done with the pie when we could tell she was very full and I let her know that it was not necessary for her to finish the pie. Then a little later I was braiding her hair and she was suddenly in a lot of stomach pain. She went to the bathroom and I could hear her crying. She was so upset and was just sobbing for her stomach to stop hurting her. She eventually threw up the piece of pie that she ate, and was as happy as a clam. Dustin and I were concerned she had the stomach flu, but as soon as she had finished throwing up she came out of the bathroom all smiles declaring that she felt SO much better! I wasn't sure how long that would last, but she never did throw up after that and she slept very well. I guess it was just a result of overeating for her. Dustin and I were talking later that a similar incident happened when Adelynne was 17 months old at Christmastime. She ate too many m&ms and got sick during the night. I feel bad that she got sick, but I think she learned a very good lesson from the experience. Unfortunately, Adelynn's sudden sickness seemed to cause our guests to leave sooner than I expected, but I understand. Dustin and I were able to get the girls in bed and we enjoyed setting out all the gifts for the next morning while chatting with my family on ichat. We were up to about 1am. I ended up having Aurora in bed with me all night because she kept waking up and crying and I was afraid she would wake up the big girls and then they would be up at an unacceptable hour to view their Santa gifts. But I was so excited for the girls that I barely slept. I wanted to make sure Dustin and I would be up to see their faces when they saw the gifts so every noise I heard during the night woke me up. Just before 6:30am I heard one of the girls cry out and I woke Dustin to tell him that we should get up because the girls would be up soon. Well, Adelynne and Amy didn't get up until 7:15am. HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment