I barely slept at all after going to bed on Christmas Eve. Dustin and I were up until 1am chatting with my family on ichat, and getting ready for Santa to come. And then once we were in bed, I was just so worried the girls would be up at any moment to see if Santa had come, and I didn't want to miss their faces, (nor did I want them out of bed before six in the morning). And Dustin and I had failed to tell the girls that they had to come wake us up before going to the living room. And then Aurora woke up at 3:15am crying and I was worried she would wake her sisters, so she came to bed with me. Around 6:30am I heard one of the girls cry out in her sleep, and I figured that they would be up at any moment, so I woke up Dustin and told him to get ready for the girls to wake up. We both got up and got the cameras ready and then we waited... for 45 minutes. The girls did not get up until 7:15am. Ha! I guess we could have slept a little longer. But I am so glad we captured their faces as they saw the treasures Santa left for them. Everything was worth it for those moments of astonishment and joy on their faces.

I included a picture of their fancy nails which was one of the things that Santa left in their stockings. They are just the stick on kind, and the girls were excited to put them on, but they didn't leave them on for very long, not even an hour. They sure looked fancy though!
My beautiful girls in their beautiful Christmas dresses made by my amazingly talented Mom. So many people gave such kind compliments at church, and I try to give my Mom all the credit she deserves. I also think everyone should know, that my Mom not only sews for my three daughters, but she also sewed these dresses for my brothers three daughters, and she also sewed a vest and bow tie for my nephew! !!!!!!! AMAZING!! And no, I do not sew like my mother does, although I think in the future I am going to have to improve my skills.
I love love love this picture. It makes my heart melt with joy and gratitude for these three precious daughters of mine. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

More heart melting:

Heart is complete mush at this point:

After church we came home and opened presents with my family over ichat. It worked out pretty well, the girls loved their Christmas presents, and we loved our family gift that my parents and brother spoiled us with (an xbox kinect)! This is our first family game system. (Unless you count an old nintendo 64, which we got rid of a while ago). We have all been having a blast with our new toy. Aurora loved unwrapping gifts too. She wanted to unwrap all of them, well all except the ones for her. I'm not sure why, but she really didn't want to unwrap the ones for her, just the ones for everyone else. She was very entertaining. We really had a great day.
The whole week was a lot of fun. We really didn't do much but stay home and play with our new things, but I loved it. I loved the lazy days just playing together.
And now, Christmas is over. I am actually very very sad. I love Christmas, I love the anticipation of Christmas; the mile long to-do list including the baking of sweets and treats, delivering goodies and caroling to friends and neighbors, writing and sending Christmas cards, making, finishing, and sending Christmas gifts, Christmas music played over and over (have you heard the song, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"? I love it! And Adelynne found me a Christmas card that plays it!), and playing Christmas music on my clarinet and violin. AH! I love it! I get stressed out, but it is a fulfilling stress. Oh, and I also LOVE my Christmas card holder filling up throughout the weeks. Thank you to all who sent us such beautiful pictures and cards. All of my Christmas decorations are put away, EXCEPT, my card holder. I will take a picture of that and put it on the blog because it really brings me happiness to see it so full of those I love.
6 comments:
Gorgeous dresses!!! And beautiful girls to put in them too!!
I loved reading about your Christmas. I, too, love the Christmas season. I love seeing it again through our children's eyes. I love the joy they have in serving at this time and the fun they have with the simple traditions each year. The pictures you captured of your girls' faces are priceless. Their dresses are beautiful...great colors that they can still wear throughout the year too! So much fun. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us!
Merry (belated) Christmas! Wonderful to see how festive you are.
I love the dress photos too -- so fun. Perhaps matching dresses could become an annual tradition. I'm with ya on the Christmas cards, I love seeing photos and catching up with friends.
I love the dresses. Your mom is amazing. Your girl are getting so big! They are beautiful!
Super cute pictures of super cute girls! Adorable dresses, Grandma Patty! They look pretty happy with all those smiles!
Loved catching up, Tracy!
Patti E.
You sure have cute girls :-)
Post a Comment