Friday, April 11, 2008

Not Again!

So we were at the mall today enjoying some nice indoor fun with our friends at the children's play area.  All was going so well, but then, da da da. . . . poor Adelynne fell down and smacked her mouth on the edge of the slide. . . in the exact same place she did on Tuesday, except this time she bit her upper lip really bad and was bleeding a lot.  And then her front right tooth was also bleeding again, but more this time.  Aaaaargh!!!!  So if that tooth wasn't going to turn brown by luck, it definitely will now.  Her lip began to swell immediately, and she now has a fat lip, her gums are purple and bruised, and she has what appears to be a bruise mustache.  (She received a bruise on the left side of her upper lip on Tuesday, and today one on the right side of her upper lip).  

But you should all know that Adelynne is such a trooper, and must have a high tolerance for pain, (or at least more than her mother does-I admit it, I'm a wimp).  When she fell today she did scream in agony, and she continued for several minutes as everyone at the mall stared at us. But soon she quieted down, and the bleeding was down to a minimum, and she said, "I'm okay now."  And once we got home I was checking her teeth and gums probably every five minutes because of my paranoia, and each time she would say, "I'm all better," or "I'm okay now."  Adelynne's just the kind of girl who's not afraid to get back on the horse.  (What that means to me, is that I'm going to have to pray that much harder for her safety and recovery).

1 comment:

Christina said...

Poor Adelynne! I'm glad she is okay. You have to get her some kind of head gear to wear all day!! :)