Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Dentist visit

On Tuesday we had a bit of a crazy day.  Let me start with some background information:  At the playground is a large mattress that some neighborhood kids dragged there.  Well, Minnie and Adelynne enjoy jumping on the mattress after they slide down the slides.   But on Tuesday the mattress had been moved to a spot next to a ladder.  Well, Adelynne and Minnie were jumping on the mattress as usual, when they bumped into each other and Adelynne fell onto the bottom rung of the ladder hitting her mouth.  When I checked her mouth to look for the source of some bleeding, I noticed some chipped teeth and some bleeding gums.  I decided that she needed to see a dentist ASAP.  

I called the dentist and they said to come right over.  I hung up the phone and started gathering my things.  I realized that my keys were missing, and thought they must be in my purse.  So I started looking for my purse.  I could not find my purse or my keys and realized they were locked up in the car.  Dustin wasn't home and had just recently left for school.  I asked to borrow my friends car, but her car was a stick--I don't drive sticks!  So I was running out of options that were close by and I decided to ask my awesome neighbors downstairs if I could get a ride.  They of course were eager to help me out.  Then of course I didn't know exactly how to get to the dentist office so I misdirected my neighbor until I could get better directions by calling the dentist office.  But we made it. 

Adelynne was very cooperative for the dental hygenist and for the dentist.  She held perfectly still for the x-ray too.  The dentist relieved some of my anxiety when he showed me the x-ray showed no fractures in her teeth.  However the roots on three of her front right side teeth were pushed to about a 45 degree angle instead of being straight.  So what might happen is that they'll turn brown until they fall out and her adult teeth grow in.  Three of her front teeth are also slightly chipped along the edges.  We have to keep a careful eye out for any abcesses or infection around the front right tooth.  

Adelynne is being a pretty good sport about it all.  I know that she does experience some discomfort, especially at meal times, but things are getting better.  Other than a little pain, she's herself, and thankfully isn't upset about her chipped teeth.  Mommy however is trying to recover from the damage done to Adelynne's smile.  But of course I still think she's as cute as ever.  We are definitely grateful that her injuries were minor and not any worse.  

And I just want to say a big thank you to my friends Christina and Doreen for all of there help.  

1 comment:

The Holdaway's said...

It sounds like you've had quite the week. Glad Adelynne is ok and hope your weekend goes better.