Thursday, April 17, 2008

Almost 1!

Well, Amy is only a few days away from her first birthday, and we can't wait!  We've planned a big party with friends (more like a glorified play-group).  However, she's developed another runny nose, so we hope that she won't be sick on her big day.  

Amy's top two teeth have finally poke through, and it won't be long until her smile is full of teeth, not just the bottom two.  I'm going to miss her little smile with just those teeth!  Her taste for food is steadily changing, and now she pretty much refuses to eat food that requires help from mom and dad (like oatmeal and yogurt).  Well, actually she will eat them if she can do it herself, which Daddy has allowed without my knowledge (which is okay), but it is just funny to come into the room and Amy is covered in oatmeal, along with the floor, the chair, and everything else nearby.  

Amy has also been practicing her walking skills, and is really improving.  She loves to cruise the furniture and push along bikes and strollers outside.  Today I caught her standing all alone without hanging onto anything!  I think that she surprised herself too because she gave off a nervous little laugh when I looked at her.  

No comments: