Saturday, November 6, 2010

Something to remember

On Monday, Adelynne did not have school because she was on fall break. Amy still had preschool, so I decided to take her to preschool and take advantage of some more one on one time with Adelynne. I took her to the library since we haven't been able to go in a couple of months and then I took her to Sam's Club to do some grocery shopping. On the drive from the library to Sam's Club I reached back to her to hold her hand. I too often forget to make physical contact with my girls, which is so sad since I know that physical contact is so nurturing to children. Anyway, I reached for her hand and she took my hand and we just held hands for a few minutes. My arm was extended over the seat, and her arm was extended out in front of her in order to reach my hand. My arm was starting to get tired, and Adelynne after a few minutes told me her arm was getting tired so we let go of one another's hands. As I pulled my arm back to my lap Adelynne said, "But I still love you." That made me smile and I said, "I know."

Remember to hold hands with someone you love today!

3 comments:

Christi said...

I LOVE the "But I still love you" part. Gave me goosebumps..in a good way :) if that makes sense...haha

Joni and Chase said...

This was such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing! Thank you for the birthday wishes too! You are a sweetie!

Jessica said...

So sweet! Thanks Tracy!