Our ward had its primary program today. You know when the primary children all stand up and sing and there's that once voice singing you can hear above all the other voices? Well, that was Adelynne today. I have to admit I was a very proud mommy. I love it when children are singing with all the gusto their little hearts can give, and that was my baby up there singing her heart out, even when she didn't know the words to the songs. Some of the time Adelynne was distracted by another kid, or by her finger nail, and so she would stop singing, or sing quietly. So I would wait for her to look up at me and I would put my hand behind my ear to indicate that I couldn't hear her. She would immediately start singing rather loudly, (but a sincere loud, not an obnoxious loud). Well this happened on the last song they sung, "He Sent His Son." I couldn't hear Adelynne singing, so I gave her the sign and she immediately started singing loudly... but she didn't know the words! So she was singing mumbled sounds... as loudly as she could. Dustin and I turned red, ducked our heads, and started laughing. It was only slightly embarrassing, but so cute and funny. It was fun to watch Adelynne's face during the songs too. She obviously has a hard time reaching higher notes because her eyebrows would raise and her forehead would furrow when she attempted the notes and she often hit them quite off key. One of the songs they sang was the "First Article of Faith." They had actions to go along with each principle of the gospel. Adelynne was so animated as she would throw her arm up with one finger, two fingers, and three fingers on the end of her hand to go along with the principle. As she prepared to throw her arm up with four fingers extended she was leaning to the side as if she were gearing up to pitch a ball to a batter. And then she threw out that arm with a strike. She was just so fun to watch, and she even said her line, "I follow the prophet by being nice," so clearly. Did I mention how proud I am? Amy was sad to have her sister leave her behind in the pews with us, but I reminded her that next year she would be up their too. When we changed our seats to move over in front of Adelynne so we could see her, Amy gave her a cute little wave, she was just as excited to see Adelynne up on the stand. I am so grateful for primary teachers that teach my child wonderful primary songs and help her learn about Jesus Christ.
Last night I went to the leadership training broadcast for the church. It was a good meeting with great insights from church leaders. My favorite quote of the night was from Elder Gonzales from the Seventy. He said, "If you want a secret well kept, put it in a handbook."
In the season of expressing gratitude, I am most grateful for the Savior's atonement. Without the atonement, my life would be pointless. I know that because of the atonement I can be saved and live with God and my family again. I am grateful to know that the Savior's atonement heals all pains, all sufferings, all wounds, all sins, all grieving hearts and minds. I am also grateful for the Savior's perfect example of forgiveness. He forgave so readily, even those that caused his sufferings and death. I am not perfect at forgiving others, but I am grateful for the forgiving heart that I do have. I aim to do better, but in general I believe that I have a forgiving nature. I wish with all my heart that the world, and especially those people in my life that I so dearly, truly love, might also find in their hearts to forgive others, most especially to forgive the people that are most important in life; family.
3 comments:
Thank you for your testimony
love mom
LOVED reading this Tracy. You made me smile, laugh, and come close to tears (in a good way) all in one post. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how even though we live so close, I still love reading your blog and learn so much.
Great post! It was almost like I was sitting there with you. Our kids made me laugh at the children's program too.Rebekah stood front and center and waved her arms back and forth like a broadway star lip singing. It was embarrassingly funny to say the least. The other two girls remained more refined. Emily was fighting for a front row spot with another four year old and Ashlyn has reached the age where she is embarrased rather easily. So she shyly smiles and looked at us occasionally. Always a joy!
Post a Comment