Monday, November 29, 2010

oh yeah...

I forgot to mention that on November 22nd, Aurora rolled from her tummy to her back. She does not like tummy time, and she proved it by rolling over. I didn't see her do it, but I put her down on her tummy and walked to the counter. When I looked back at her less than a minute later, she was on her back. Dustin and I tried to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't/couldn't do it. I've been trying to remember when Adelynne and Amy rolled over. I'm pretty sure Adelynne didn't roll over until after her first Christmas, so she was over 5 months old. I'm pretty sure Amy beat Adelynne and rolled over at around 4 months. So I guess Aurora is just trying to beat her sisters at this rolling over game. She will be 3 months on Thursday. Personally, I think she is much too young to be doing such things.

Some other things to document that I am concerned about with Aurora. During feedings, and waking up from naps she starts to gag and cough and cough until she is red in the face and nearly choking. I think she is gagging on mucus. Sometimes she is able to cough up a small spit ball. But I really am not sure what to do for her. I took her to the doctor on Friday thinking maybe she had a bad cough. The doctor said she was fine, no problems with her lungs or throat. She said I could give her a little water after I feed her to see if it will help clear her throat. I need to get on that.... isn't it bizarre? Has anyone else had this problem with their baby? Oh, and on Saturday, Aurora had about 2 and 1/2 oz of formula. About 3 hours later she was puking her guts out. She vomited over and over again until she was dry heaving. The poor baby was throwing up stomach bile, it was awful to watch her, I know she was hurting. Then she took a very long nap. When she woke up I nursed her. She was happy and smiley. But then while I was burping her, she threw up again. The rest of the day she threw up after I nursed her. I nursed her around 12:45am and then sat with her until 1:10am to make sure she didn't throw up. And she didn't. She hasn't thrown up since 12:15am on Sunday. It was a long night though because I was waking up all night long to make sure she didn't throw up and choke. But now she is all better from this and just does the gagging and coughing thing with her mucus. No more formula for Aurora. She did not have this problem when she had to go on formula when I was in the hospital for surgery. But, Amy had this same reaction to formula when she was about 3 months old. When I've asked my doctor about it, she just told me that Amy has a sensitive gag reflex (ha)! I did not agree with that diagnosis! Anyway, tell me what you thing about Aurora's problem with the gagging issue.

3 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Exciting that Aurora rolled over. I understand her dislike for tummy time. Recently my belly has grown and I cannot sleep on my tummy without some serious kicking.

Oh, and I hope the gagging stops!

Cindy said...

My little nephew had a similar problem with formula. Turns out he was getting the recalled formula from China with beetle larva in it. My only suggestion is to check for any recalls and try a different brand if you haven't already. Maybe she is allergic.

DB said...

Sorry about the gagging stuff, Tracy. Sounds hard. This is definitely not the same thing, but Gabby did that when she got her first inklings of a cold, so we started propping her head while she sleeps. Now we have a thing called a SnuggleNest that she sleeps in that keeps her at an angle. Its pretty cool.