Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Utah

So after the Davis Family Reunion, my mom took my girls back to California, while I stayed in Utah with my sister. I was only with my sister, Amy and her husband Joe for two days before we all headed to California too. But it was a fun two days without the kids, just me and my sis. On Sunday evening we went to a park to hear Joe play in the Utah Premier Brass Band that he was in. My cousin Brittany and her hubby, Matt came and met us there. When the concert was over I walked with Matt and Brittany back to their house and on the way we stopped at the little house that Dustin and I used to live in when we lived in Provo. So, this is the house. It wasn't our first apartment as a married couple, it was our second. But, we did bring Adelynne home to this little house. I have many memories of our two years in this house: hosting Easter with cousins, sending my sister on her mission while we lived here, hosting our very first Thanksgiving feast with my family (minus sister), and my dog dying (not a happy memory, but one none the less). I did not bury my dog here however, but he was placed in the economy size freezer in the shed in the back until we drove him to California to bury him in my grandma's backyard. My family loves telling everyone how I put my dead dog in the freezer. Sounds morbid, I know, but if you are like me, and have/had a profession in the animal kingdom, it really isn't that strange). Anyway, this is the house, cute isn't it?

And here I am with two of my beautiful cousins, Emily and Brittany. Amy snapped the picture for me, wish she were in it too. But we all met for ice cream and had a great time chatting.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute house. Gotta say I thought the dog in the freezer was a little weird...but I totally understand.
The shirt you're wearing in the cousins picture is very flattering on you. Beautiful! :)

Amy said...

I loved your old little house! You're right, so many fun memories! love you sister!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

what was the address of that house? I think Josh's sister used to live there! How funny would that be?!

Melissa said...

I think I've seen this house before! It's so cute, and how wonderful that you were able to revisit it!

PJ Evers said...

Lovin' the pictures of the Utah trip! What a wonderful family reunion. The 5-generation picture is super special. And how fun the Syphus grad. picnic met up with the Biggs grad. picnic. Stacey loved seeing you all.
Love,
Patti

PS - Yeah, the dog in the freezer is a bit creepy. I have this picture of you driving really fast to CA before it thawed...another creepy thought!

Our Biggs Family said...

what a fun trip. I remember you living in that house too. That is a cute pic of you and Brittany and Emily.

Our Carlson Family said...

I remember that house! Are you heading back to Utah gain soon? Maybe we could meet there... it's not quite the middle. hope you're having a great day!