

Yesterday, Adelynne gave her fist talk in primary, at church. She was so excited. I've been joking that Dustin and I also taught Adelynne her first lesson in procrastination since we didn't start teaching her the talk until Sunday morning before church. But Adelynne was very eager and excited to learn. The theme was temples, which was perfect since on our trip we were able to go to the Oqirrh Mountain Temple open house. Adelynne had been able to go in to the temple since it wasn't dedicated yet, and see all of the beautiful rooms. The benefit of this was that she was able to look at the pictures of each of these rooms from the pamphlet we brought home and say what each room was about. It went something like this: "This is the temple, Jesus' house, there are lots of temples. In the temple we sit quiet and be reverent and look at pictures of Jesus. We make promises with Heavenly Father, we get married, the temple is very beautiful. We do baptism for other people. I can prepare myself while I am young so when I grow up I can go inside the temple." The pictures on the pamphlet were perfect because it was as if she wrote it herself and she knew what to say with each one. She was very excited to talk into the microphone, (when she saw the microphone in the chapel, she wanted to get up and give her talk there, but I had to tell her she needed to wait until primary time). And when she was all done, in true Adelynne fashion, she fell off of the step stool on her way down. But she was okay. She really did a great job, Dustin and I were worried she would be too shy to talk, but she wasn't at all. We are both so proud of our little girl, who is growing up to be such a big girl!
5 comments:
She is a doll. I love her dress. I need a girl! Yours make me envious! They are so cute.
Tracy,
Adelynne looks so beautiful. We need to get together and let the girls play. Thanks again for teaching my relief society lesson a couple of weeks ago. I really appreciate it!
Can't believe Adelynne is 4! Cute pictures...she's looks gorgeous. Glad she did good on her talk. Thanks for playing today.
gorgeous pictures sis! I can't believe she is big enough to be talking in primary. I'm glad it went so well! love you!
Wow, 4 years old! They grow up so fast, I can't believe it. Doesn't it make you feel old...ahhh! It sounds like she gave a great talk. What a very special experience to be able to walk inside a temple before giving that talk. I am sure that is something she will remember forever!
Post a Comment