Our first Sunday in California with my family was my Uncle Scott's and Aunt D'Anna's mission farewell. They are called to serve a Church Education System (CES) mission in Sri Lanka. For this farewell they gave talks in church, the grandchildren sang, as did all of the adults in their family. The Spirit was so strong and present throughout the meeting, and I am SO glad that I was there to wish them a teary goodbye with the rest of this gang. Below is evidence of the awesome family I have always been a part of. When something big or small occurs in this family, we come out in packs. Rows and rows of the Biggs Family members take up chapel pews, displace regular attendants, (sorry)! take up all available parking spaces, shove into small homes, eat any thing resembling food, and always, always have a memorable time.
Here is the gang.
LtoR: Uncle Scott; my Dad, Guy; Aunt Lanea; Uncle J'Earl. My dad and Uncles are the 3 little boys of their family of 9 children.
As soon as a few pictures were snapped and tearful hugs and goodbyes were given, we sped off to the airport to get Dustin on his flight to Indiana. Here is Amy and Uncle David, enjoying a good snore in the car.
One of the things my Aunt D'Anna said in her talk that touched me the most (and that I remember), was that she shared why she wanted to serve this mission and leave her family and home behind for 18 months. Paraphrasing her words: "she wanted to express to Heavenly Father her gratitude for the blessings she has received in her life." This may not mean much to those that don't know my aunt and uncle, but to those who know something (because I don't claim to know all of her life in detail), know that yes, many blessings have been given to my aunt and her family, more blessings than trials, but there have been many difficult trials throughout her life. I am grateful that my aunt has remained faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ despite trials, that she is serving a mission, that she is a great example of patience, endurance, faith, and charity.
1 comment:
That picture of the Biggs clan is amazing! You have such a wonderful family :)
Post a Comment