Oh, the happy little egg-hunters: Aubree, Ezra, Adelynne, and... Amy.

I'm not sure.


Yes, she is crying. Result of not getting a nap. She spilled her eggs and has a melt down.

A happy moment, but oh so close to yet another melt down.

Funny story: after church on Sunday, Dustin buckled the girls up in the car, and Amy demanded a snack. We have church at 1pm-right at Amy's nap time, so Sunday she goes without a nap. (It makes for a very rough day). Anyway, on the drive home Amy was so hungry AND tired. You can see in the picture that her eyes are shut-she is falling asleep-but at the same time putting crackers in her mouth. She got two crackers in her mouth, and before the third cracker made it she had completely fallen asleep. I guess she can't prioritize between food and sleep. All in good time baby, all in good time. (Adelynne is just being silly).

When we made it home, Amy was startled awake for a split second and she lifted her head up in a sleepy haze. There was drool running down her chin, and Dustin caught a glimpse of an entire cracker in Amy's mouth, not chewed. Oh, funny girl.

These were the pictures I could get of the girls before church on Easter Sunday. Needless to say, I was a very frustrated mommy. The girls were still beautiful in their dresses made by my mom. We got the dresses on Thursday and every morning after that Adelynne asked, "Is it Sunday?" because she knew she would get to wear it to church.

Amy, running from the camera. Grrrr.

Our first at home, family Easter egg dying event. That's right, I have always left it up to community activities or other family and friends to give my children the experience of dying Easter eggs. But I think we'll do this at home every year from now on. The girls had so much fun, we just didn't have enough eggs! Amy didn't like taking the eggs out of the dye, and Adelynne couldn't wait to get them out.


The finished product, our beautiful eggs.

Amy woke up one morning and wanted to put on the Tigger costume. She was so happy and cute... until I got out the camera. I had to snap some pictures because I think she'll be too big for this costume very soon.

Amy loves to read books, and I had to capture this moment of Daddy reading to her.


I sketched the dragon body and Adelynne filled in all of the details. I think she did a pretty AWESOME job. Look closely at all the details. Those are little people (with mohawks-that's how Adelynne draws the hair on her people) burning in the fire of the dragon. Heehee.

Adelynne went to play at Aubree's house and came home with her own pair of fairy wings, which she LOVED and protected carefully. She also got this cute new dress from Once Upon a Child. (It's a great store that Adelynne affectionately calls, "The toy store.")

A close up of my adorable little fairy princess.

I also found an adorable vest for Amy at "The toy store" (and it was brand new)!

Amy thinks she is such a big girl. She constantly says, "I do it, I self! Self! Self!"

Adelynne's new interest is ballet. We checked out this "ballet class" movie from the library, and Adelynne likes to put on her leotard and tutu and dance like the little girls on the movie. It is SO cute. She also likes to dance along with other movies when there is music playing. She constantly reminds me that she does not have ballerina shoes yet. Yet.

I had to capture these pictures of Amy running around naked, minus the hat, and carrying a foam sword. This girl just likes to toot her own horn. I hope that I can laugh at all of the adventures she is going to send me on as she grows up!

This is a another funny, naked pose. Heehee.

Dancing and dressing up with friends. These girls love to dress up and DANCE!

Here are Aubree and Adelynne in their "wedding dresses." (The veils and tiaras). Heehee.

I've been needing to post some pictures, so here they are, finally.
5 comments:
I love the photos and stories of Amy. She is quite the character. You will have plenty of blackmail pics for her! Fun update. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
what cuties! Bri looked at these pictures with me and she kept saying, "ME! Me play princess too. Go to their house?!" She is constantly looking for girlie girls to play with. I think you should move to Michigan. :)
Love the little dresses! Your mom is so talented...they look so cute. Wish we could have been there! David said your musical number sounded great on Sunday...yes, I made it a point to ask him. Can't wait to get back...Molly still asks for "Amy...Addie" every day!
reading this i thought it is so funny how different little boys and girls are. but it seems like no matter what, a two year old will keep you on your toes!! what a fun post :)
Tracy!!!
I can't promise lots of comments, at least until I really know what I am doing with the blogging stuff, but these pictures are so fun. I especially love the red hatted and armed amy, and the easter egg hunt pictures... so fun.
love you tons!
Post a Comment