Thursday, April 30, 2009

How my girls say it

I've been trying to remember and think of all the funny/odd phrases my girls say, and the words they use when they can't think or say the real words. I may be adding to this over time, or just posting new ones as they come.

Adelynne used to say, "I have dirty snails!" (Translation: dirty nails)

Adelynne calls freckles "sparkles." (I love it)!

Sadly I can't think of anything more. But I know there are more, so, to be continued...


Oh, and I think it may be time to post the bad news: Amy ate her own poop. Yup. Its official, Dustin has even declared it the grossest moment of parenting yet. The story: Amy had pooped in her diaper and decided to go use the potty-too late. I heard the toilet lid fall and I knew we were in trouble. Dustin arrived on the scene first and found Amy smearing her poop all over the toilet seat. He yelled in horror, I came running and found Dustin holding Amy by the elbows with her hands covered in poop. Then Amy looks at me and she's smacking her lips and pushing something around in her mouth. I realized what it was and began screaming in horror as well. It took me about 15-20 seconds to come out of the screaming and take action. Dustin said that before he could get a hold of Amy's hands she licked one of her poop covered hands. There you have it. I was timid to post such horrible news as this will now become a permanent record for all to read-even future boyfriends and perspective husbands. Sorry Amy.

Also, in a related story, Amy will eat anything BUT vegetables. And from the story above, you know I'm not lying. The girl also eats dirt by the handful as I have already mentioned in a previous post. Well, Tuesday night we had the missionaries come to dinner. I had made cookies for dessert. I served mixed vegetables: peas, corn, carrots, green beans, with dinner. I put some on Amy's plate, as usual. (Oh, and I even sauteed them in olive oil and garlic and then smothered them in parmesan cheese-SO good). Well, Amy ate all on her plate except the vegetables, as usual. So I asked Amy if she wanted a cookie and she said yes. Then I told her she had to take a bite of vegetables and she said emphatically, "No vegetables." I reiterated with her a few times that if she wanted a cookie she had to eat a bite of vegetables. She said, "no vegetables." So I put her down from the table and she was just about to wander off to her room when she saw Adelynne get a cookie. She asked for one too, but Dustin told her to take a bite of vegetables, and she agreed. So Dustin fed her a bite of vegetables and gave her a cookie and off she went. We saw her wandering around eating the cookie. Then a few moments later she came in and the cookie was all gone, but I saw something was still in her mouth. I told her to open her mouth and show me, thinking it was a toy. She opened her mouth and spit out the bite of vegetables. There you have it. Elder Royer said, "Whoa! You've got Hudini there!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you shared the poop story! Poor Amy...how will she ever live that down?!? Oh, well, can you help but love them?

beSlightlyAskew said...

Oh man, that's so funny. Mordifying for you, but really, really hilarious. And to hold veggies in your mouth (which, by the way Amy, you taste it longer when you keep it in your mouth) and eat the cookie around the veggies is so, so sneaky.

Kayli said...

Oh boy. That story is intense. It's in those kind of moments that I think ---Where's the mom to take care of this?!! Oh wait, I'M the mom???? No--surely I'm not the one that has to take care of it!

Anyway, good stuff.

The Short Family said...

Lol. Diaper stories. They do the craziest things sometimes I swear. I usually make Cody take care of the gross jobs. I just don't have the stomach for it.

Amy said...

great stories sis. the poop one still makes me cringe and calm my stomach. Joe is contemplating doing an experiment to see how it is possible to eat a cook around veggies. I'll let you know if he actually does it. love ya!

DB said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! She is quite a character.

Our Carlson Family said...

Thanks for the idea to post funny quotes... and sharing those priceless stories!!!

I am sure you'll gradually think of more...quotes, I mean... or something else will spark your memory!

Charles and Crissy said...

Oh my gosh... I think if or when i see any of my own kids eat their feces... I think I will hurl... then throw them in the shower... the hurl some more as I hose them off... ew. Too funny... good writing too... I had such vivid images! Bless you and Dustin! :)

Brittany said...

So I'm covered in sparkles then?...I like it! Your child's a genius.

Sarah said...

I laughed sooooooo hard at this post. I love this kid. She clearly has a personality that is going to get her hilariously far in life.

Hayden will also put ANYTHING in his mouth BUT veggies so I feel your pain. He also just finished potty training (he turned 2 last month) but has not expressed a desire to eat his poop, luckily. It was hard enough for him to squeeze it into the toilet in the first place. No need to take it back out! ;P