Sunday, February 1, 2009

A much needed continuing update.

While I was in California, pre-Christmas, I had a great visit with my Aunt Donna and my cousin Tammy. I don't have too many pictures with them, so I took the time to snap some photos.

I'm so excited for Tammy, she's due to have a baby boy in May-her first child. I feel so blessed to have a friend in my cousin Tammy. She is only a few months younger than me, and she has always been someone I love to be around. We used to have Thanksgiving at my Aunt Donna's house for years when I was growing up. My Aunt Donna always cooked a wonderful meal, and Tammy, her sister Emily, my sister Amy, and I would always take such care to set the table as beautifully as we could. The four of us would play with barbie dolls for hours. Actually, we would spend hours setting up house by making up bedrooms and living rooms with random books and toys in my cousin's room. Then after all the set up was done, we were too tired and bored to play with the dolls. I remember on one Thanksgiving year we sat around talking about how wonderful it was to be so close to our cousins and enjoy being together. We were all hoping that as we grew older and had families of our own, that we could still be close and get together often. Life was definitely more simple then, and I wish that our hopes of that Thanksgiving were more possible. But when we are together it reminds me of the wonderful family that I have.



I was able to attend my niece, Heather's kindergarten Christmas program at her school. Being there made me feel like I am actually a part of her life on a more regular basis-I really wish I was. I was at the hospital the night she was born, and I was the proudest aunt alive. Heather was so fun to watch as she sang. She even fulfilled the part of "the kid picking her nose." Oh, it was a proud moment! Heather is just a sweet little girl, with no pretensions or prejudices, she'll make a friend out of anyone.  Heather is the one in the green shirt.

No comments: