I was at Sam's club with the girls this morning, and some old man pulled off his hat and looked at Amy and said, (in a joking tone), "hey boy, do you want to share some hair with me?" Amy smiled at him, as did I. Amy was wearing a PINK coat. It really didn't bother me that much because it happens frequently. Actually, this is the first time she has been mistaken for a boy since I shaved her head. What annoyed me the most was when I kindly pointed out that Amy was a girl to the old man, he grumbled under his breath, "Well, its hard to tell with that hair cut."
Grrrr. That's right, I'm growling. He would have said the same thing if I had never shaved Amy's head.
6 comments:
Pink=girls. Always. No matter what else they are wearing--baseball hat--and as I'm going about this comment I just remembered that Zach has a grey and pink dress shirt with a pink tie. So, I have just de-bunked my beginning thesis. Oh, well.
people can be weird about gender sometimes. If it makes you feel any better, Sylvia gets the same thing, even when she's in pink.
I'm watching your pictures of Ady and I think Sylvia has an outfit that matches one that Ady has (big pink stripes, Osh Kosh, if it really is the same). It's probably too small for either of your girls now, but it would be cute to make them twinners!
Ugh. Sorry! Maybe he needs his eyes checked... ;)
Some old guy thought Cameron was a girl a while back. He had a navy blue shirt on with baseballs on it and a red and blue hat on that said "Slugger"... he walked past us in the mall and said, "hey darling! aren't you just beautiful" (then he looked up at me) "how old is she?"
Some people.
i cant believe the things people think are ok to say to strangers. amy is a doll, and now her hair will come in beautifully thick and all the same length :) grumpy old man!!
She is very much a girl, hair or no hair, pink or no pink! She is such a cutie!
I love random people comments in stores stories. He is probably the same old man that offers Jack his hair every time we are in Wal-Mart. :) Random people make life interesting.
Post a Comment