Monday, April 27, 2009

Amy is Two

That's right, this girl knew it was HER day!
We started the day off by spending some time with Minnie and Eddie Aagard.  Amy adores little Eddie, too bad he didn't want to show off his "melt your heart" smile, but Amy did!
Here is the cake!  I got the idea from the back of the spring time M&M's bag.  It was pretty simple other than frosting the cake.  But very sweet!  It was a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing loaded with M&M's.  
Amy loved being the star of the show for the day, but especially as everyone sung "Happy Birthday" to her before blowing out her candle.
One of my favorite pictures of the day.  Thanks to Christina for being the photographer so that I could enjoy Amy a little bit more.  
Amy was spoiled by all her friends and family throughout the day.  Thank you to all of our friends that helped make her day so special with your thoughtful gifts, but especially your company (and of course, your beautiful voices)!

More pictures from Amy's birthday


Thursday, the day after Amy's birthday, Amy had her 2 year check up. Here are her stats:
Height 34 1/2 inches (50-75%)
Weight 28lbs 2 oz (50-75%)

Amy didn't have any vaccines, but she did have to have a lead test taken. She probably wouldn't have needed the lead test except that I had to answer "yes" to too many of the questions, due to the fact that Amy eats handfuls of dirt on a regular basis. But Amy didn't cry at all while getting her finger poked. She was just very curious, and then super excited to have a band aide on her finger-you would have thought it was her birthday all over again.

Amy is such a little fire cracker. Everything she does or says she does with her own little flare. She loves to copy everything Adelynne says or does, which means she wants to do everything herself. She has two favorite bedtime buddies, her hippo and elephant blanket. The hippo is called "bahpo," because that's how Amy has always said it. Thus the rest of us also call it "bahpo." She is quick to say sorry or thank you, as well as give hugs. Amy loves being around people, smiling at them, sometimes talking to them. She pretty much talks in sentences now, and I rarely don't know what she is saying. She also loves going to nursery on Sunday's. I generally just follow behind her to make sure she doesn't get distracted or bumped as she goes down the hallway.

Adelynne is a great big sister, but she really had a hard time letting Amy be such the focus of the day. Adelynne was a little pouty off and on the entire day. I don't think she has ever really shown so much jealousy before, not even when Amy was born. Although Adelynne struggled through the day with Amy getting so much attention from everyone, she was still singing the loudest during "Happy Birthday." (But maybe that was because she was hoping to grab the first cupcake)! It was wonderful to hear her sing so loudly on behalf of her sister.

6 comments:

Our Carlson Family said...

Tracy! That cake is amazing! So, so cute! You are such a cute mom! And I was so excited when your mom said you were coming and staying for a while! I am excited to see you...bryce too!

Stacey said...

I wish I could have been at that party for the cake! Sounds and looks fabulous... Happy birthday cute Amy!

MarySquare said...

Amy birthday to Baby Amy. I was just reading through my old journal and I wrote about her (and you) on the day she was born. What a sweet girl!

DB said...

I really like the cake! Cute!!

Chris and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! We are so behind on everything. You are so creative and fun. It looks like the party was a hit!

Sarah said...

I swear she and Hayden are meant to be. They are soooo much alike. Maybe it's a second child thing? Happy Birthday Amy! LOVE the cake, well done! :)