Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today's Story

I don't have any pictures for today, but I just thought I'd write about our day: today Minnie got to stay home with her Mommy, so Adelynne, Amy, and I had a quiet morning at home. Of course the morning did not pass without Adelynne asking if Minnie was coming, (they can't survive without one another). After Amy's morning nap we took off to go swimming with Minnie and Mary, (see, none of us can survive without our daily dose of Minnie-we love her too much). The sun was high in the sky, but unfortunately there it was quite windy, and the water was too cold, at least for Mary and I. Minnie is fearless in the water and she was jumping in the pool before we could blink, and Adelynne slowly followed. Amy was not too fond of the water either, she didn't like the temperature. Mary and I sat and talked and soaked up some sun, Amy ate snacks, and Adelynne and Minnie played in the pool. Adelynne eventually walked away from the edge of the pool and was standing in the middle-a first for her! She was really excited about that. After swimming we went and had lunch at Mary's apartment. It was great to spend the afternoon with our wonderful friends.

After hanging out we went to the store to pick up a few things and then we headed home. We got home and Amy took another nap, and when she woke up we all went outside to play at Adelynne's request. Dustin had come home as well, so he came out to play too. Adelynne jumped on a friends bike and went riding off. She was pedaling down the sidewalk and I was walking beside her, and we were coming to the end of it when Adelynne said, pointing in the correct directions, "That way is right, and that way is left." It kind of took me by surprise, but then I know that Dustin has been trying to teach her too. Then I asked her which way she wanted to go and she wanted to go to the right, so we did. When we got to another cross section of sidewalk, I pointed to the right and told her we could go right or left. "This way is right," I said pointing down the sidewalk to our right, and then she said, pointing back to the "original left" that was behind us now, "And that is left." I thought that was an interesting development. So she doesn't quite get it at each turn, but she's getting there! On our walk Adelynne reminded me, "I almost 3." I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and like every time I ask her, the first response she gives is, "A bike!" And then she adds, "And it has a basket." Today I figured out why she is so determined to have a basket. Adelynne told me, "Aubree's new bike has a basket too." Aubree is Adelynne's friend. So now we know why she wants a basket.

Our day ended as usual with food, tears, and unrelenting parents (almost). It was a good day, nothing too out of the ordinary, but just a day worth writing about.

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Sometimes the ordinary days are the best days and often we don't take time to record them so I am glad to hear about your day. We are moving on the 25th of this month.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy! I was excited to find a link to your blog on Jen and Joel's blog! It was so fun to read about your cute girls and I hope you don't mind me looking at some of your past posts and pictures. :) We also have a blog and I would be so happy to add you to it if you would like...if so just email me at justinandjodibiggs@yahoo.com and I will email you a link. :)

Christina said...

Sounds like a fun day! I'll make sure to bring you back some Twin bings...you'll love 'em!