Friday, August 6, 2010

Exposure

So today the girls and I were with friends and Adelynne and Amy were playing in the kiddie pool. My girls were surrounded by a few little boys, at this small gathering. Well, one of the little boys decided to just drop his pants and go swimming, and all I saw was Amy's face. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were wide as she stared at this little boy's body. I couldn't see Adelynne's expression, but another friend said it was just as in shock. I just observed their faces and reaction from a short distance, while the mother of the boy scooped him up and got him dressed. Actually the little guy decided to get naked a few times, so my girls got plenty of exposure. I couldn't do much else than laugh to myself about my girls. What can I say, they just don't know about boys? For the most part the difference between boys and girls is in the hair and what they wear.

On the way home in the car I asked the girls, "Did you see a naked boy today?" They both chimed in, "yes!" And I asked them if they had any questions for me. They didn't really know what to ask or say, so I said, "Boys have a different bum than girls, don't they?" They both said "yes!" And then Adelynne explained it all so well, "Boys have a bum that sticks out and girls have a regular bum."

I think my girls are ready for a little brother. Only about 3 more weeks until we find out if they really do need one!

7 comments:

Emily Judd said...

i always think its funny how little boys and girls will just stare at a baby of the opposite sex getting its diaper changed...like its the most interesting thing in the world.

good luck with your new little one! hopefully the 3 weeks pass quickly!

Alison said...

BWAHAHAHA!

Stacey said...

So funny! When my friend with 3 girls would watch Scott and change his diaper, the girls would all giggle at his "silly bum"... I couldn't really disagree!

Julia and Aaron said...

Lol! That is pretty funny. Eldon and Lilly have really grown up with each other, taking baths together etc., so it just kind of seems like second nature--that girls look different than boys. I think I've kind of gotten relaxed about child nudity, since we've seen it all. I forget that it might shock some members of the opposite gender!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one! It's coming up fast, isn't it?

Weigel said...

haha-- sounds like they weren't too scarred

Our Carlson Family said...

Wow! You had my attention at "Exposure"... great story! Poor Addy and Amy.

Christina Allen said...

I can't stop laughing!!! I guess it's better they got an introduction to anatomy before you tried to bring a "broken" baby home!