Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!

August 17th, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten! It seems as though everything has happened all at once. She turned 5, has a loose tooth, and is going to elementary school! Adelynne has been so excited for her first day of school, and I don't think she was disappointed in any way. Grandma Biggs was even here to see her go to school, and provide her with a new dress (one that Grandma has been saving for about 3 years for this very day).
Here she is, just the cutest little 5 year old, kindergartner I've ever seen!

Adorable

With mommy, oh I just love my big girl!

The girls with Grandma Biggs! Yay for Grandma being here with us!


Waiting to go into her classroom, and then walking into her classroom and being welcomed by her teacher Mrs. Salmon. Adelynne hesitated a little about going, but then I reminded her how much she loved going to preschool and she walked right in. No tears from her or me.


And getting off of the bus. She was so anxious to see me that she left her backpack on her seat and had to go back and get it! But then she greeted me with a big hug and a huge smile. She was happy to tell me about her day. She told me that the bus was her favorite part, and that she had met a new friend but forgot to ask their name. She asked me if she got to go to school everyday and when I said yes she excitedly said, "Cool!" She told me she got to play on the playground at school (something she has been so anxious to do), and that for snack she tried a granola bar with raisins and it was really yummy. She got to drink out of the drinking fountain and she did some coloring. But she did not get to use her glue sticks, her big colored pencils, or her paints. Just her pencils and crayons. Oh, and her big surprise was that on the 100 days on her teacher's calendar there would be a party! I love that she told us all about her day.


Today, her 2nd day of Kindergarten, she was deciding what to wear, and I was showing her all of her many, many options and she asked me, "Which one will my teacher like?" Of course I told her that her teacher would love all of them. I thought it was so cute that she is already seeking her teacher's approval, she must really like her. When I met her off the bus she had a huge smile and told me that she played on the playground and with dinosaur toys. She said they learned a song and that they sang an alphabet song she knew from preschool and for snack she had a rice crispy treat.

7 comments:

Dustin Family said...

She looks absolutely adorable!!! Kindergarten already?? You are the cutest mom ever!

Sarah said...

I realize there is no basis for this reaction whatsoever, especially considering I don't even know your girls aside from the few seconds I saw them at Amy's wedding, BUT... this post got me all choked up! I'm not even preggers or PMSing so I literally have no excuse beside just being so happy for Mommy and her big girl! It's such a big & special day for you both and I'm so excited for you! :)

Alisha Erin said...

I can't believe that little Sunbeam is in KINDERGARTEN!! She looks so grown up!!

MarySquare said...

You should start reading the Ramona books with her. One of the things I like best about them is Ramona's love for her Kindergarten teacher.

Oh that Addy, so lovely. And hooray for new beginnings and new adventures!

Our Biggs Family said...

She looks so happy to be in school. I'm sure she will love to tell everyone about her new baby when it comes too! We have always printed off a pic with them and the baby at the hospital so they could take it to school with them and they love showing it off.

PJ Evers said...

What a beautiful little "big" girl! Kindergarten is so fun and Adelynne will just love it! Cute cute pictures of Mom and Grandma with her!
Love, Patti
PS - Patty, you better call ASAP when new baby arrives!

Our Carlson Family said...

Wow, she is so grown up. You're reminding me of my first days of school. Te drinking fountain was a big deal. I think I have twenty drawings from preschool, and all of them have a drinking fountain, and when you go to a school with a drinking fountain, you are officially a big kid. So many fun pictures. Thanks for sharing.