On Friday we picked up Uncle Joe from his work, and then he and Amy treated all of us to a movie: Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. It was a great movie, and the girls were great. Adelynne sat enthralled the entire movie through and never even took off her glasses. Amy did end up in Dustin's lap and also took off her glasses about 1/2 the way through, but then she stayed on his lap and watched the rest of the movie with no problems.
We had some down time before the movie started, and although I don't have any pictures, Amy and I enjoyed some Dance, Dance, Revolution competition. It was a lot of fun just being silly.
Family picture with Bob the blob
After the movie we went and walked around the new Oquirre Mountain Temple. I haven't posted pictures, because a few weeks later we came back and walked through it with family during the open house. But afterwards we went to Salt Lake City to take the girls to Temple Square for a quick walk around the temple. I was able to get some really beautiful pictures of the temple.
At the reflecting pool
The sun setting behind the temple


Adelynne was in princess heaven. We saw about 5 or 6 brides as we walked around.
If you look very closely you can see a bride in the background... probably a foreshadow of her future?
The traditional pedestal
Amy wasn't happy about it. hmm.
Joe and Amy
Kiss, kiss.
An eternal family
After walking around temple square we met up with Dustin's brother Cary at his work. He took us on a tour of office. He works for a company that designs video games for Electronic Arts (EA). Cary really enjoys his job and he gave us all a great tour. Then we went up to Cary's house and had dinner with his wife Cindy and there daughters Jenny, Wendy, and Rachel. Adelynne and Amy had a great time with Wendy and Rachel, who played wonderfully with them. I'm glad that the girls enjoyed playing with their cousins, even if they are 12+ years older than them. Actually, Wendy and Rachel have two nieces, (yes, Dustin and I are great uncle and aunt), that are about the same age as our girls.
Silly girls
Rachel wanted a kiss from Adelynne
Amy borrowed her cousins shoes
oh, Rachel!
It was a really wonderful evening with family. I'm so glad we were able to visit with Cary, Cindy, Wendy, and Rachel. We haven't seen any of them since we moved to Indiana in 2006. It was also fun to introduce my brother in-law, Joe, to Cary because Cary sings in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and Joe plays the Tuba for the Tabernacle Orchestra. We wish that we could see them more often and know them better, but we are grateful for the love and friendship we have from them now.
Before leaving town on Saturday, we met up with Dustin's nephew Brian and his wife Jessica. Brian is Cary's son. Brian and Jessica were married last year, but unfortunately we couldn't make it to their wedding. So we had never met Jessica. We met up with them on BYU campus where they both work. Jessica was so sweet and kind, and I'm so glad we finally were able to meet her. Brian was the first of the kids in his family that I met after Dustin and I were married. He's not much younger than I am, so its weird to think of him as a nephew. And even more weird that he has an older brother with two girls almost the same age as my two.

At the reflecting pool
The sun setting behind the temple
The traditional pedestal
Amy wasn't happy about it. hmm.
Joe and Amy
Kiss, kiss.
oh, Rachel!
Before leaving town on Saturday, we met up with Dustin's nephew Brian and his wife Jessica. Brian is Cary's son. Brian and Jessica were married last year, but unfortunately we couldn't make it to their wedding. So we had never met Jessica. We met up with them on BYU campus where they both work. Jessica was so sweet and kind, and I'm so glad we finally were able to meet her. Brian was the first of the kids in his family that I met after Dustin and I were married. He's not much younger than I am, so its weird to think of him as a nephew. And even more weird that he has an older brother with two girls almost the same age as my two.
2 comments:
Oh Tracy... I live right by the Oquirre Mt. temple. *sniff sniff* So close... yet so far! :) I'm glad you had a good time though. Maybe next time! :)
I LOVED your pictures of everyone at the SL Temple! What a very fun time!
Love,
Patti
Post a Comment