Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sarah's "graduation" and last day at Cold Creek

Our last week in Vegas we got to go to Sarah's kindergarten graduation-or I guess they call it a "promotion ceremony" these days. (c'mon, who really cares)? I was so glad we got to be there to support her because we don't get to go to any of the family things that normally go on. I'm all about going to what you can go to and supporting the family as much as possible. The girls were glad to see their cousins again as an added bonus. And I wish we could be more apart of our families lives on a day to day basis, but for now, I'll settle for the little things we can do.
There's Sarah, just about to receive her certificate.
And enjoying the yummy cookie. Sarah was so fun to watch when all the kids were singing. During one song, ABC rock n' roll, the kids were all head banging and playing air guitar and other crazy moves, but Sarah just looked around her and laughed at everyone! Hilarious! She's a wonderful girl, and we love her!
On our last morning in Cold Creek, the girls played out on the porch with the baby dolls. They were having such a good time, they really didn't want to go.



I love this picture of the girls with their grandparents. Grandpa is showing a real smile in his laugh, and Adelynne is laughing along with him. My girls are so blessed to have these wonderful grandparents in their lives that are great examples of love, endurance, compassion, patience, charity, and much, much more. I also wish we could see them more often, and it is wonderful to see the girls know them more and more each time we visit.
This is the end of our visit in Las Vegas/Cold Creek. We had a wonderful time visiting everyone. I didn't get nearly enough pictures, I was too busy having fun, I guess. While in Vegas we also had a chance to visit with my cousin Scott and his wife Christy, and two of their little ones. It was a short visit, but we got to see their new house and all the work they've been putting into it. Next time we look forward to swimming in their pool and watching movies in their home theatre! We had a great time, and wish we could have stayed longer!

No comments: