Thursday, March 15, 2012

487 points. An awesome day.

Today was a good day.
- I got 3 loads of laundry washed, dried and put away. (And there is one load in the dryer and one load in the washer still): 100 points/completed load
- I did some organizing and a little cleaning: 20 points. (Only 20, I didn't wash the dishes, but I did put clean ones away).
- I did NOT clean the bathroom (this could be a bad thing, it hasn't been cleaned in a LONG time, please don't ask to use it if you come over): 0 points.
- I showered: 10 points
- I got dressed: 10 points + bonus 5. (I get a bonus 5 points because I showered AND dressed).
- I did my hair AND put on make-up! (And I'm wearing earrings)!!: 10 points (for hair), 10 points (for make-up), 2 points (for earrings)
- I changed Aurora's diapers: 10 points (one of them was poopy):Yes, I totally get points for this, it is a required chore when you have a baby, but I still get points for it).
- I got up early to help Adelynne get ready for school AND I made her her lunch. (Normally Dustin lets me sleep in and he gets Adelynne ready.... don't judge me): 50 points (this is NOT an easy task for me so I am rewarding myself)
- When I got up this morning I remembered to get on my knees and pray, hmmm maybe that's why it was SUCH a good and productive day, hey!: 50 points
- I didn't "hit a wall" today and conk out on the couch while my children watched TV. (That is pretty AMAZING, but my children did watch a lot of TV): 10 points

If I added correctly I get 487 points!!! :)

But really, most of my days lately cannot even compete with this kind of day. I am really really grateful for being able to do each of these tasks today.

After all of these points were awarded: Dustin and I had a parent/teacher conference with Adelynne's teacher, T. Younts. Ms. Younts is a fabulous teacher! Adelynne adores her, and Ms. Younts seems to adore Adelynne just as much. I am so grateful that Adelynne has such a great teacher. But the conference went well, even with 3 little ladies in tow. The girls played happily with legos and books while Ms. Younts discussed with Dustin and I about Adelynne's school work. Adelynne is still at the top of her class, scoring at the top of testing levels, and even higher in her reading comprehension. Ironically, math is the one subject that Adelynne has a very slight struggle in, (if struggle is what you can call it). She is still doing extremely well, it just doesn't always come as easy to her-- which is fine with me. I think it is good for her to work to learn something. Adelynne will sometimes rush through assignments and do her work more carelessly, but I believe that is her competitiveness. If she sees someone working faster, then they are "winning," and Adelynne likes to win, so I can see her rushing an assignment so that she can be the first to finish. But really, Adelynne is intelligent and loves learning and loves school.

After the conference, we strolled through the book fair at Adelynne's school, and we let the girls pick out a book. Actually we let the girls bring two dollars each and I figured they would pick out something like a pen or a bookmark, but they both really wanted a book. Adelynne was really pouty about not having enough money, but Amy was kind of cute about it. I asked her if she had seen any books she liked and she replied, "Well, there are a couple of books, but I'm pretty sure they are more than two dollars." And she seemed really okay with not having enough money. But then I decided to pay the difference for the girls' books. And Aurora got one too. She wandered around pulling books off the shelves and sitting down and reading through the books, (under supervision of course). Aurora loves reading (and she mostly prefers reading to herself). After leaving the book fair, Dustin and I surprised the girls with a stop at Subway and a picnic dinner at the garden playground. The weather was very nice, very windy, but still worth being outside in. We weren't sure if it was going to rain, and we were feeling some mist, so we decided to go to the garden park here in Pville so we could be closer to home if the weather went bad. But it didn't, and we ate our sandwiches and played together on the playground. Aurora LOVES playgrounds right now. She loves climbing the stairs and going down slides. She sits down at the top of a slide and scoots closer to the slide. But then she will get a little scared and hesitate and waits for someone to assist her. Although tonight, she didn't want help and she just went right down. But one time she went down too fast and bonked her head, and after that she wanted help going down the slide. She's so cute. I decided to instigate a family game of tag, and actually Amy volunteered to be "it" first. She tagged Dustin, and then Dustin went for me. I could barely run in my lady shoes (not to mention I can barely run despite what shoes I am wearing), and I knew Dustin was coming up behind me and I was laughing. And right before he tagged me I was thinking to myself, "I'm going to wet myself when he gets me." And Dustin got me, and I wet myself a little bit. Yes, I just admitted to that, but hey, I was laughing and I said it out loud and then Adelynne asked me if I had wet my pants, and I told her that I did. Haha. Just something to laugh at, or shake my head at.... or both. It was a fun game of tag, and Aurora watched us all and laughed. She thought our game was so funny.

After our game of tag, we went home and the girls read their new books.


Aurora's new book: she got a board book because she is into ripping pages out of paper books. (GRRRR).


Amy picked a Barbie book with stickers. She was very proud of her sticker pictures (and yes, she got a hair cut. She asked me to cut it because she does NOT like me doing her hair. However, she does like having a little "whale spout" pony on the top of her head ???? don't ask me. Also, the line you see above her lip is a cut that is healing. She got hit in the face with the door and needed some gluing. The scar is 2 weeks old now and I just hope it won't be so obvious after it is all better):


Adelynne picked out a 3D book about kittens:

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day! I did enjoy the tinkle bit.. makes me feel better :)