Monday, August 8, 2011

Amy had a birthday

Here are the promised pictures from Amy's 4th birthday! I have to thank my wonderful friend Sarah for taking them for me and allowing me to enjoy the party instead of fussing with the camera. Sarah took over a hundred amazing pictures, and it was so hard to narrow down to just loading ten on to blogger. I have all the pictures loaded onto Facebook if you want to see them all.
I threw Amy my first ever themed party. It was stressful planning, but Amy LOVED her party, and in the end I am glad I did it for her. You should have seen her face when she walked into the party room. Her eyes and mouth were wide open and she just stood and stared at the room in disbelief. The theme for the party was Barbie Fashion Show. (I got the idea from the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, and the movie Barbie A Fashion Fairy Tale).

Cake Time!! Amy's cake was compliments of Walmart. And obviously I forgot the candles, so we used matches. Amy barely got to blow them out because they burned faster than we could sing to her. But I love her face, you can tell she is so happy.

We played a game of put the sunglasses on Barbie's face.

Time for presents!


Can you tell she was excited to get this Rapunzel baby doll?
One of our favorite guests, Grandma Biggs was able to come for Amy's birthday. It was wonderful to have her there with us. You can see her in the background talking with our wonderful friends (and former neighbors), the Walker Family. Also in attendance the Aagard Family, Iddings Family, Dustin Family and some of the Bench Family. At the party we served Amy's all time favorite meal, soft pretzels from Sam's Club. Amy just loves going to Sam's for a pretzel with butter and salt. We also offered sugar and cinnamon as an alternative. Fresh fruit and vegetable trays were also served. It was a yummy dinner!
Party Guests: Aubree, Adelynne, Minnie, Dylan

Madeline, Moira, Sabrina, Amy
These balloons will forever hold a memory in my mind (and heart). They were a beautiful accessory to Amy's party (thanks Gramma!), and Amy was in love with the Barbie balloon. At the end of the party we were cleaning up and loading our things into the car. As we headed out of the building for a loading trip, Amy wanted to come outside with her balloon. I immediately told her no and that she needed to stay inside. She whined to come out, I insisted she stay inside because she would let go of the balloon and it would fly away and she would be so sad. But Amy countered that she wouldn't let go of it. I begged her to stay inside, I pleaded with her to stay inside, and I would have shut the door on her to keep her in, but someone exiting the building came up behind us and so kindly helped Amy get the balloon out the door. So Amy came out to the car with us as we loaded our items into the car. When I turned back to Amy I saw as the balloon string drifting from her hand and she reached out for it and then she crumpled to the ground sobbing. It was the most pitiful scene ever. I was torn between being sorry for her and angry at her. Unfortunately for her I was more angry at the moment as I lectured her. But my anger subsided and I was able to comfort her. I told her that now the angels would get to play with her Barbie balloon and she was so nice to share it with them, and she sobbed, "But they won't give it back!" It was a really terrible and sad thing to happen at the end of such a wonderful birthday party, but oh, what a memory.


Family Picture!
One of the highlights of the party was the fashion show. We brought our collection of dress-ups and the kids dressed up and walked down our cat-walk. Most of them were pretty shy about posing at the end, but Amy was proud to strut her stuff!


I LOVE this picture. I love my Amy girl, she brings so much joy and spunk to my life.

5 comments:

Kimberlee said...

How fun!! Looks like you did an amazing job on the party. I've held off so far on a themed party just because I don't want to have to do it every year, but you've inspired me! Too bad Molly had to miss it, she would loved it. Amy is adorable!

Our Biggs Family said...

WOW! You put a lot of work into this and that last picture of her was probably worth all the work! The balloon story will be one that eventually all will laugh at. It is so hard when kids are insistent that they will not do something that we know for sure they probably will. I love that you included that wonderful story. We are looking forward to seeing your wonderful family!

Amy said...

love the post sis! wishing I was getting to see you soon. I miss you.

Kayli said...

What an awesome party for her! And I'm so glad you put the family picture up. You are so cute and fashionable!

Celeste said...

Looks like a really fun party! Great work!