Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Aurora Faye at 5 months

She just gets cuter and cuter, all the while I just fall more and more in love with her, who wouldn't?! In honor of being 5 months today, Rori got to put on a new outfit (9 month size).

If you look closely at her mouth, you will see that Rori is turning her tongue over. She is often playing with her tongue or sticking it out.

She is so precious!

Soon she'll be bigger than the blanket!

At 4 months Aurora's stats were: Height 25 inches (75%). Weight 15 lbs 8.6 oz (90%). Head Circumference 42 cm (75-90%).

At 5 months:
- Aurora laughs and smiles readily. She has recently been finding the humor in her big sisters, especially in Amy. If Amy laughs, Rori does too. Its adorable. Rori just lights up when her sisters walk into the room.
- She drools, maybe because she is teething?
- She still has a clogged tear duct, and her eye is constantly weeping and/or goopy. I'm starting to worry a little about her eye.
- She's getting to big for her car seat.
- She is wearing 12 month size clothes, some 9 month sizes, and a few 6 month sizes. Definitely not the 3-6 month size.
- She usually wakes once during the night.
- When we eat she will watch us very intently and start moving her tongue around in her mouth likes she is eating something.
- We still swaddle her for naps and bedtime. In fact we now double swaddle her to make sure she is strapped down good.
- If we lay her down on her back, she will move herself around doing a 180. She did it tonight to move herself around to look at the TV.
- She likes the TV. Uh-oh. Hopefully she doesn't have slower development as a result.
-Aurora is a doll and I absolutely adore every moment I have with her. She still makes me want to have more babies. I'm not shy about telling people that I definitely want more babies!!


11 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

So cute. I love her curled tongue and reading about all the fun things she is doing now. Sammy had clogged tear ducts in both of his eyes. Some mornings he would wake up with both eyes completely glued shut from all the drainage. At 18 months we ended up having to do surgery clear them up (2 actually because the first didn't work). Hopefully her's will clear up. She is very cute!

kimi + joe said...

She does get cuter with every post and is clearly such a happy baby -- just look at that smile! Glad you're enjoying this precious time with your family.

Amy said...

so in love. and so excited to see you all in just a month. Love you!

Kimberlee said...

Tracy, she is absolutely adorable. No wonder you're completely in love!

The Short Family said...

She is a beauty.

gpbiggs said...

She is what her name implies full of light and love. Can't wait to see everyone in March. love you mom

PJ Evers said...

I love "Rori" as a nickname! Sooo cute! Darling pictures!
Patti

Joni and Chase said...

Soo cute! Love the outfit and cute nickname =) I just love how YOU love what you do- being a mom- that is inspiring to me, so thank you.

Sarah Iddings said...

She is so beautiful and is really developing her own look!! I can't believe how old she is...she's darling Tracy! We need to do a play date soon.

Christina said...

Ah, she's cute. She looks just like you Tracy. You are a good mom, you should have lots more babies!

Our Carlson Family said...

So cute! Happy five months Rori!