On Thursday, Dustin took Adelynne and Amy trick or treating. I stayed home with Aurora because I was sick all day. On their way to trick or treat they stopped by our community center and participated in coloring and face painting. Adelynne and Amy love to have their faces painted. On Friday we took the girls again to trick or treat at nearby dorms. We were in the lobby and a student girl saw Amy and gasped, "Ariel! How cute!" Amy turned and looked at her admirer. Then as we were walking away she said in an almost disappointed tone, "Everyone likes my costume." And everyone really did. She got plenty of oohs and ahs from students, parents, and children.
Not sure why she looks so grumpy, maybe its her concentration face.
Ariel in her natural pose.
When Amy said she wanted to be Ariel for Halloween I asked my mom to make the costume. My mom did an amazing job, and she even made it modest too! But the amazing costume would not have been complete without the famous Ariel Red hair. So my mom got Amy a wig too. The wig made this costume complete, and Amy LOVES it. Amy had a preschool party on Friday, so I dressed her up and did her make-up to look a little like Ariel. Amy also wanted me to do some face art and make a crown with sea shells. Amy was the cutest Ariel I've ever seen!

Adelynne really wanted me to "paint" her face after she saw me doing all of Amy's makeup. So I used her picture from Disneyland and did a "unicorn mask." She was very happy with the result, and so was I. Its hard to draw details with those crayons used for face art. More pictures to come of Adelynne in her costume.
2 comments:
I think you mean trick-or-treating Thursday and Friday since Wednesday we had our dinner. But it's okay, probably only I will notice :) I like Amy's natural Ariel pose, very cute!!
Christi- I don't know what you are talking about ;-)
Post a Comment