5 Years Old
4 Years Old
3 Years Old
2 Years Old
1 Year Old
Birth Day
Sleeping soundly the morning of her 5th birthday:
I made her a special pancake for her big day
Amy got a special pancake too-- she was a little upset that the 3 broke and gave me a silly face for the picture.

After breakfast Dustin and I took the girls to gymnastics and when we got home there was a big surprise for Adelynne!
I love her face-- she was so excited!
This was the Barbie bike that Adelynne wanted for birthday. Dustin and I decided it was time to move her up a size from 12in to 16in for her bike.
So happy with her bike!
After the bike surprise we called Grandma on ichat and had Adelynne open the gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Biggs. The first thing to open was the card with 5 whole dollars! Woohoo! A couple of days later the girls wanted to go somewhere fun (like Monkey Joes, McDonald's) that cost money. I explained that I didn't have any money to take them and Adelynne declared she had money! But of course, she was the richest girl ever!
More presents: a book dollhouse and a big girl watch
Happy Birthday song at the party with our friends:
Blowing out the candles: I made the cake for Adelynne. It was strawberry cake with homemade buttercream frosting.
And then we went bowling at Purdue with our friends the Aagard, Bench, and Iddings families. Everyone had a great time. The kiddos had fun bowling, but got bored waiting for their turns so they would run back to the arcade games to play and then come running when it was their turn to bowl. As soon as they would throw the ball down the lane, they would dart back to their game, most of the time without waiting to see how many pins the ball hit.
It was a rainy day, so I'm glad Adelynne chose an indoor activity for her birthday. But of course she had to give the new bike a spin, so here she is modeling oh so prettily on her bike before taking it out for a quick ride.

The last photo of the day of me and Adelynne--I took it myself. I wanted a picture of me with my birthday girl.
Its hard to believe that 5 years has come and gone. I'm so grateful to be her mom and I love her with all my heart. Happy 5th Birthday Adelynne Irene!
2 comments:
Happy birthday to your little lady! I love the photos from her previous birthdays - it's fun to see how much she grows from year to year.
love all the new posts :) i cant believe you made that cake; i thought it was a costco cake! your girls are darling, and so grown up!!
Post a Comment