Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to make your pictures larger...



Just a quick how to.... thanks to Jessica I can share this lesson with you all.

Once you download your picture onto blogger you need to click on the "Edit Html" (in your blog post- there is the "compose" or "edit Html")

The html code for your picture will look similar to this one:


All you have to do is change the 400 (the number may be different depending on how large it is-shown in red) to 800. Then delete the width and height (shown in purple-another note, do NOT delete the quotation mark after the height number, also my Html code put the width and height together). After you do that it should look like this:



And then your picture will be BIG :)

I hope it works for all of you. Another note, I don't know if you can enlarge pictures on blogs that don't have the wide setting like my blog does, but try it out and let me know. Good luck!

3 comments:

kimi + joe said...

oh lu lu, thanks for sharing. Hopefully the BIG pictures wont be overwhelming on smaller screens... I'll give it go.

Jessica said...

Good idea for a post! It will help a lot of people out :)

kimi + joe said...

Tracy, just as an addendum to your post that might be helpful for other bloggers...

I've been playing around with the size and found 640 works better than 800 on smaller screens (12 inch). Too much of the 800 sized photos get cut off otherwise.

BTW, your little one does look like Shirley Temple - whata cutie pie!