Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Go ahead, Dad, you can say it.

I must preface my post today with my Dad's favorite blonde joke. I'm sure its much better said in person, but you'll get it, I'm sure.

There was a brunette driving down a country road in her fancy convertible. She was enjoying her drive when suddenly she had to stop for a flock of sheep. She was so excited to see the sheep since they are her favorite animal. She wished she could take one home with her. Then she saw the shepherd and went to him and asked him if she could have one of his sheep. He said, "No way, these sheep are my way of life! I wouldn't give you one even if you paid me." The girl begged and begged to have one of the sheep. Finally the shepherd said, "Okay, if you can guess the number of sheep in my flock, then I will give you any one of my sheep." He said this thinking there is no way she could guess the number of sheep in my flock. The brunette looked over the flock, and said 153 sheep. The shepherd was stunned, for she had guessed exactly how many sheep were in his flock. So he said sadly, "Go ahead and pick out your sheep." The brunette went over and picked out the cutest sheep she saw and took it back to her car. She put the sheep in the passenger seat of her car and was getting ready to drive off when the shepherd came over to her car and said, "Wait! If I can guess the true color of your hair, can I have my dog back?"

So yesterday morning I took the girls to the library for story time. Adelynne enjoyed her story and was working on coloring the hat they were making to go with the story that was read. She was the last child in the room coloring, and I was thinking, we need to get back home so we can eat lunch and get Adelynne to preschool. Well, we made it home around 12 noon, and Adelynne starts preschool at 12:30. So I made the girls their lunch and encouraged them to eat quickly so that Adelynne wouldn't be late. And they did. We got Adelynne to preschool by 12:30. Amy and I came home and I put her down for her nap. I was playing on the computer for an hour and then I decided to take a nap as well. During my nap I heard Dustin come home. He didn't bother me and went about his own business. A while later he came in the room and asked where Adelynne was. I replied matter-of-factly, "She's at school." Dustin checked his clock and said, "Well its a good thing I asked because its 3:20." (Adelynne is done at 3:30). Then Dustin said, "Wait!" and he checked his clock again and said, "Its Tuesday!" Then I realized my mistake. Adelynne doesn't go to preschool on Tuesdays. She only goes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I foolishly went and picked up Adelynne and explained my absent-minded mistake to her teacher.

So Dad, go ahead and say it.

7 comments:

gpbiggs said...

Tracy,
Considering you were never my blonde child in anyway, when did you become blonde. I can't wait for your Dad to read this blog when he comes home tonight.
Love you lots mom

Shelly Beth said...

Wow. That's an awesome "mom" moment! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you are too funny. At least you got in a good nap, though, right? We all have our crazy moments at some point, though...my mom often tells me my roots are showing!

Sarah said...

That is sooooo funny! At least you got there in time for pick-up! I gotta say I'm a little surprised the teacher didn't say anything when you dropped her off or call you soon after. Did you guys share a good laugh?
Great Mom story.
Love the joke, too. :)

Steoger Fam said...

That's hilarious! I could totally see myself doing that! I wonder why the teacher didn't call you or something?

Anonymous said...

too funny! I've forgotten school before, but never the other way around. Thanks for sharing!

Annelise said...

oh that is so funny! i can absolutely see myself doing something like that. lucky adelynne got an extra day of preschool, how fun ;)