August 23rd:
Well, I heard Adelynne wake up one morning and I just lay in bed trying to sleep. When I finally rolled out of bed I went straight to the bathroom. Adelynne came in shortly with a sly smile on her face, and anxious to tell me her big news. But she stopped short when she saw the look of horror on my face. I looked horrified because I saw that Adelynne was missing some hair, a fairly good section of hair. "Did you cut your hair?!" And suddenly Adelynne had no exciting news to share with me. She went and hid under her blankets and would not talk about the incident the rest of the day. I guess all it took was one awful look from mommy to put some sense into her mind. (I don't know if that is good or bad).





Keep in mind that these pictures were taken about 2 days after the deed was actually done, so by this point mommy's angry face was kind, loving, and forgiving.
You really can't tell from this picture that she cut her hair
She now has bangs
You can see how this side has some new layers
All in all, she didn't do the worst job she could have done. My friend Kim fixed her hair up after these pictures were taken, but Adelynne was concerned about getting all her hair cut. I had to reassure her that only some of her hair would be cut.
Amy's Pink Hair August 30th
The girls' Great Grandma Spann gave them this stuffed animal pony that they can color all over, and then I can wash it clean and they can color it all over again. Cute idea, I know. However, it is the kind of toy that should not be used as a pillow for bedtime. And this is why:
This picture was taken a day after and it is not as bright as it was the first day. She had bright, bright pink hair, and she refused to wash her hair. Dustin and I felt like we were turning our baby into a punk rocker. She went to the store and to church with this hairdo. Her hair stayed pink for about 2 weeks, fading slowly.
4 comments:
LOOOOOVE the pink hair!
EVERY kid cuts their own hair (or a sibling's) at least once during childhood. Welcome to the club!
Actually, Addy's haircut is adorable!
Patti E.
I think both your girls are already very talented and stylin' with those hair choices! Too funny. (and my Thank You for the masks was just a little bit sarcastic, but mostly real...they are really cute!)
At least Amy has hair now, right? :) It's growing a lot! love you!
Post a Comment