I just listened to a moment of true, pure love. I love the feeling of heaven in my home. As I lay on the couch, still sick from this torturous cold, Dustin took the girls off to bed. As is usual bed time routine, he began singing "I am a Child of God." Just as I switched on the television, I heard Adelynne and Amy singing along. I quickly turned off the tube and listened intently to the sweet, untrained voices of my little angels as they sang along with the deep tenor voice of their daddy. The words of this hymn have never touched my heart in such a manor, despite the numerous times I have sung it myself. Sometimes heaven is just closing your eyes and listening.
I am a Child of God
and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home,
with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do,
To live with Him someday.
2 comments:
I know exactly what you're talking about. The best thing in the world is hearing your sweet children sing...especially such a wonderful song. Every night Molly and I sing Child of God, and I'm Trying to be Like Jesus...it's a little piece of Heaven every time!
That's the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. Thank you. The simplicity and purity of children is the most incredible thing in life, I think. Especially when they are so in tune with all things Heavenly. :)
Post a Comment