Monday, August 24, 2009

Davis Family Reunion

The main reason for traveling back to Utah with my mom, brother, nieces, and my daughters was to see my great-grandmother, Nana, Alice Bennett who is 98. My Nana lives in Florida, but she traveled to Utah for her family reunion, The Davis Family. I was grateful for the opportunity to quiz my mother about this line of my family history. If I remember correctly, my Nana is a granddaughter to Brigham Young's granddaughter. This is the chain of people from Brigham Young to me: Brigham Young, Valet Young, Miriam Valet Decker, Charles Davis, Alice Davis, John David Bennett, Patricia Irene Bennett, Tracy Irene Biggs. I have a wonderful heritage, and I am super proud to be a descendent of Brigham Young! Going to the Davis Reunion was a first for me, and I was very glad that my grandfather was there as well as my mom's sister, Jill and some of her children too. I didn't know any of the other people.


Cousin Daniel-I used to change this boy's diaper-now look at him! He's going to be a senior in high school.
Big sister to Daniel, my gorgeous cousin, Lisa-marie. She's expecting the first great-grandson on this side of the family.
having fun in the bounce house
Daniel picking on J.D., another one of my cousins. J.D. will also be a senior this year. They grow up so fast!
The 4 great-great-granddaughters to Alice Bennett
Picture for posterity: 5 generations of Brigham Young's descendents
My mom's children and grandchildren
Back row: Uncle John, J.D., Joe, Amy, Nana, Daniel, Aunt Jill, Papa, Chris, Adelynne, Mom, Amy, Me, Lisa-marie.
Front: Jordan, Mark, Kathryn, Heather, Courtney, Charity.
After the Davis Reunion, we all went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house. It was a wonderful experience to be in this beautiful temple with so many family members. I especially enjoyed the opportunity for my daughters to walk through the temple. Adelynne was especially excited to get to go in the temple. She became so excited when she saw the baptismal font. She was shouting (as loud as she dared) "There it is, there it is! Its so special." She was very excited to point it out to me. Then she just oohed and ahed over the beautiful chandeliers in each of the rooms. It was the perfect experience for her, especially considering the opportunity she had to give a talk on the temple in primary a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Sean and Melissa said...

That five generation picture is cool! Doesn't happen very often, that's for sure. Are you guys back in Indiana yet? We need to get together. Are you guys interested in a weekend trip to exciting Cincinnati?