After our all-too-quick trip to Las Vegas, Dustin and the girls and I drove back to California to spend New Years with my family. This time I was going to see my sister and her husband Joe. We arrived late in the evening of the 30th, and as soon as we were all in the house, we all had a second Christmas with presents from Grandpa and Grandma Biggs. Adelynne was in an extremely chatty mood, which doesn't happen very often. All of us were quite amazed at how much she talked, we kept giving one another quizzical looks and saying things like, "What happened to Adelynne," and "Who is this kid?" I wish that I could remember what exactly she was talking about, but that's what I get for waiting two months to post this event. Unfortunately, I didn't take more than four pictures for the rest of our trip either. But we had a great time visiting with my family once again before heading home.
Grandpa and Adelynne enjoying a movie together.
As the rest of our time with family, this one also went by to quickly. Especially the time with my sister. But someday, she and I both hope, that we will live much closer to one another and raise our families nearby one another. I am so blessed to have the sister that I have. No one could ask for a better friend than she is. I know that when times in my life that I have felt all alone, my sister has been there to love and to help me. I firmly believe that if I hadn't had such a devoted friend by my side as a child, I wouldn't be where I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment