Thursday, January 15, 2009
ward Christmas party (the first one)
The first one, as in, we went to more than one ward Christmas party. Actually we only went to two, but it seems like there were more. Anyway, these are pictures from the Christmas party for the Lafayette 1st Ward. I was very excited that the girls were going to get to see Santa. Dustin and I had been telling Adelynne all about Santa and that she would get to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. I couldn't wait to see it first hand. Santa arrived at the party and their was a long line to sit on his lap. So the girls and I stood near Santa and watched the other children sit on his lap and talk to him, while Dustin stood in line for us. We stood their for at least 15 minutes, and Dustin seemed to stand in the same place-others were jumping in line in front of him, I guess he just wasn't being aggressive enough with those children! Anyway, the girls watched Santa for a while, and Adelynne became very anxious-mostly because she saw the bags of goodies that Santa was giving away. Well, Amy got restless and ran off, so I chased after her. When I finally got back, Dustin had managed to move up in the line, about 2 inches, but Adelynne had not waited her turn. She decided to cut in line and get her turn in with the fat guy. Dustin and I missed the whole thing! I was really bummed out that I didn't get to see Adelynne make her plea. Amy wouldn't even consider sitting on his lap, but she did take the bag of goodies from him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE the look on Amy's face. priceless! thnks sis!
Post a Comment