Friday, January 16, 2009

In California

The girls and I left for California on Tuesday, December 9th to go and spend some time with my parents. On Monday the 8th, Amy had been sick all day and I just avoided taking her to the doctor. I'm not sure why I did, even though I knew in my head that she needed to see her doctor. It wasn't until about 11pm that night that I was certain Amy had an ear infection so I sent her with Dustin to the emergency room. She was in a lot of pain and I knew that she needed relief as soon as possible. But I was also concerned that she wouldn't be able to get on the airplane if she was suffering. The doctor at the ER confirmed the ear infection, and also provided some medicine to relieve the pain. Gratefully Amy was still able to fly on the plane, and she didn't cry once. I'm so blessed to have children that behave well on airplanes.

Amy continued on antibiotics throughout the next two weeks, as did her other cold symptoms. Otherwise she was in good spirits, and really enjoyed playing in a spacious house and being adored by her grandparents. She even seemed to sleep well at nights-which was wonderful for me. Adelynne, on the other hand, got some kind of virus and was sick with high fevers for three days. She spent a lot of time sleeping and watching movies. Poor thing. By the end of our first week the girls and I had not even left the house once. But they were finally feeling better, so we went to visit my cousin. Her kids had been sick a few days before, but were feeling better. We stayed for a while and let the kids play together while we talked. Then we went back to my parents house. Within 12 hours of being at my cousins house, Adelynne was throwing up. Luckily she threw up twice and then lethargically watched more movies for the rest of the day. And within another 12 hours Adelynne was back to herself. It was not the ideal first week on "vacation," but we still enjoyed our time with Grandpa and Grandma Biggs.

Amy reading books at Grandma's house. My mom made these matching and reversible jumpers for the girls.






Adelynne not feeling so well and sleeping it off on the couch.


On Monday, December 15th, I got to be apart of my Biggs family Christmas Party. These are pictures of some of the family that was there at my parents house. We had a big cookie exchange, and then we walked down my parents street to admire the Christmas lights. My parents live on a street that really decorates BIG for Christmas, and people come and drive down the road for hours every night. Most of the houses do a Disney theme, which my girls love. Anyway, its really fun. 

This is my cousin Tamra playing the piano-its not a Biggs family function unless Tamra plays the piano.  And when she does, Charlie (my cousin Lanea's husband), is usually there to sing along.  
This is Sadie Smurthwaite and Becca Braatz-they are first cousins, their mom's are sisters, and my first cousins.  Anyway they were both showing off that they have a missing tooth-I think their first ones. 
This is my Aunt D'Anna and my brother Mark.
My cousin's husband Roy, with their new baby Lilly
My cousin Travis and his wife Steysi and two of their kids Mia and Jack.  
I have a great extended family that are just fun to be around.  I am so grateful to have a great network of family that I can call friends and I know that we can depend on one another.  I LOVE MY FAMILY!


Here's walking around the block looking at the lights.  I've provided a variety of the houses decorated along the street, its fun to see all the decorations and lights.

No comments: