Friday, June 20, 2008
Picmic With Adelynne
Last night after a long day of fun in the sun and dinner with friends, Dustin and I began the long drawn out process of putting the girls to bed. There isn't much to it other than putting the girls in clean diapers and pjs, but actually getting them into bed is the part that takes forever. While I nurse Amy and get her into "sleepy mode" Adelynne is usually entertained by Dustin. This takes about an hour before Adelynne goes to bed herself. Well, last night while I nursed Amy, Adelynne was playing by herself while Dustin was working on some school assignment. From my room I could hear Adelynne talking about having a picnic as she ran from her room to the living room collecting kitchen toys. After I got Amy to bed I was putting my own pjs on, when Adelynne came into my room and announced, "Mommy I made a picmic for me and you and Daddy. But we have to wait for Daddy." I asked her what Daddy was doing and she said, "Daddy is playing caputer." She then grabbed my hand and said, "Come on, we have a picmic!" When we got to the living room Adelynne had set up a very cute picnic inside the inflatable swimming pool that we have still not deflated since last Saturday. She had little plates with cups and pretend food. There was a plate with ice cream, a cooked chicken, a mushroom, and a muffin. Daddy went for the chicken, but Adelynne said, "No Daddy, that's for me." So Daddy got the mushroom and I got the muffin and we all pretended to eat our food. When Adelynne wasn't looking I did the 'ol throw the food over my shoulder. When Adelynne saw that my muffin was really gone, her eyes got wide and she had a look of worry on her face. Daddy was backing me up on this endeavor and Adelynne began lecturing me, "Just pretend eat, Mommy!" Well Dustin and I reassured her that I hadn't really eaten the muffin and we showed it to her. Then we all got to share the pretend ice cream as well. It was the best "picmic" we have enjoyed with Adelynne, I think all of her hard work and preparations really paid off, I only wish my picnics had as much success as hers. Happily we ended the picnic by putting Adelynne to bed, and she was happy to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment