Thursday, March 29, 2012
A Small Tender Mercy
This morning I woke up with no energy. I took a shower and dressed hoping that I would feel better afterwards. But I did not, in fact I felt so heavy with exhaustion, I felt like I was moving in slow motion. My kitchen desperately needed cleaning, and the girls and I had planned a picnic at the park for the day, but I just didn't see how I could do even a simple task. I was feeling helpless and hopeless. But then I took a moment and knelt beside my bed and poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father. It was only a brief moment, that was all I had time for with three unsupervised children in the other room. But I asked for strength to not just get through my day but to enjoy the day with my children. There have been many, many days where I have prayed for the strength to get through the day, but something was different today. Almost as soon as I stood on my feet I felt the heaviness lift from me. I went to my kitchen and cleaned it up and then made some delicious homemade bread. The girls and I enjoyed a fun afternoon at the park, and I just felt strong and energetic. I am so grateful that I was able to enjoy the day with my sweet daughters, that I could help them cross the monkey bars and scoot down the slides with them; that I could not only hear them laugh but enjoy their laughter. I am grateful that my Father in Heaven answered my prayer this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes it's easy to forget that all we need to do is kneel and pray and he listens. Thanks for the reminder. I'll try to remember this the next time I am feeling this way. :)
Post a Comment