Friday, March 16, 2012

Leprechaun Trap

So I decided to be a fun mom tonight and make a leprechaun trap with Adelynne and Amy. We got some ideas from the internet and this is what we came up with. We made our trap based on some "rules" and some pictures from other traps that were made. Some of the rules included: leprechauns are lured by rainbows, sparkly things, gold, and lucky charms (the cereal!). We also learned that leprechauns don't like to follow rules, so we put up a few "tricky" signs. We decided to make it smaller using a child's size shoe box (that also was less work for me). But the girls and I had a lot of fun. I don't think I've been so involved in a craft for my kids before. I know, sad, but I'm trying to change. So here's the proof of all our fun.


A close up: The girls drew their own rainbows to add to the trap.


The back side: You can see the "tricky" note Adelynne wrote, "Lepercon trap, don't go up." The green pipe cleaner on the side is a rope ladder just in case the guy doesn't want to use the rainbow ladder. But who wouldn't want to use that cute ladder? The beads are keeping the back of the box on the trap.

And the top: So the trap works this way: the lucky charms are sitting in a paper cup cake tray which is in a hole. When the leprechaun jumps in to eat the lucky charms, he will cause the paper cup to drop into the box and we will trap him!! The girls were even willing to sacrifice the marshmallows from their cereal. Amy also came up with the idea to make a "pot of gold" with a black pipe cleaner, and then Adelynne made one too. They sure had a lot of fun, and so did I.



Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Love it! I love crafting with my girls too! I'm glad you're blogging more...I missed stalking you!