Sunday, July 10, 2011

Way back when.....

IT WAS EASTER! Wow, who would have thought I could get so far behind? Easter happened to fall on the same weekend as Amy's birthday (pictures coming soon)! So it was a weekend full of sweets, gifts, and fancy dresses. Also, I am counting this picture with me and the girls as my mother's day picture for 2011, since I forgot to have Dustin take one of me and the girls on that day.
My Mom came to visit to celebrate Amy's birthday with us, which was absolutely wonderful. She was here not only for Amy's birthday, but for Easter, and the girls' dance recital (pictures coming soon)! and some other fun things too. I love Aurora's face in this picture, she just cracks me up, silly baby! And isn't my mother just beautiful? I never see her more radiant than when she is being a grandma.


Another funny stare from Aurora. I think she was tired of being choked.
Look at my beautiful girls! My Mom always makes the girls' dresses for Easter, and she also made these dresses, only she made them over 20 years ago. That's right, she made them for me and my sister. Adelynne is wearing my dress, and Amy is wearing my sister (Amy's) dress. I should have snapped a picture of the back of these dresses, because the back is cascading layers of lace. And don't overlook those "puffed sleeves."

4 comments:

The Short Family said...

Is Amy almost as tall as Adelynne? I love their dresses!

Kimberlee said...

Adorable!! How neat that your girls are wearing the dresses you and sister wore. Love the picture with you and all three...you look great!

Christi said...

LOVE the choking one! Aurora's face is priceless!

kimi + joe said...

So fun to have matching Easter dresses -- and really a family heirloom! They are lovely little girls and obviously the apple of your eye!