Saturday, July 2, 2011

10 WHAT?!

Seriously, she is 10. Months. Old. In just two short months she will be 1!!!!

Aurora, (AKA Rori), has added an immense amount of joy to our home and to my life. She is such a low maintenance, happy baby nearly all of the time. She loves to eat, just about anything. She had her first bite of baby food meat tonight, and she did NOT like it, and that has been the only thing that she has not liked. She will eat anything and she has loved everything, until tonight. At lunch today, she ate zucchini, peas, squash, and tomatoes. She has enjoyed her baby food fruits and vegetables, she loves baby rice cereal. Seriously, she has been so easy to feed, it has been nice.

On Monday, I took her to the doctor for her 9 month appointment, and she weighed 20lbs 9oz. She was 28 inches long. She's a big girl with lots of sweet baby rolls that I just can't ever seem to enjoy enough! She can clap and wave, she will imitate me when I do baby signs, like "more" and "all done." She pulled herself up to standing for the first time on Wednesday, but she is not crawling yet. She loves to sit up and reach for toys, and she will turn herself around in circles. She kind of scoots herself inches at a time, and has gone up on her knees a few times, but she doesn't like to do that. She just doesn't want to be mobile yet, and I'm really okay with that as long as its not something that is a real problem with her development. Her doctor informed me that she is about 6 weeks behind on her motor skills.

The tongue:

Her favorite person is me, which I love. But she lights up when she sees her sisters and her Daddy. This past month she has had some pretty awful nights, and I'm not going to lie, they were terrible for me too, definitely my worst times as her mother. But I think the awfulness has been because she is teething. She has gotten 3 new teeth this last month and two more are trying to come through the gums but have not broken through yet. But I also found out at the doctor's that she has double ear infections. Yikes! Poor baby. She has not been taking good naps either, pretty much 20 minutes at a time, usually twice a day, if I'm lucky. I'm just waiting for this anti-sleeping phase to pass, (and hoping it does)! But even with the lack of sleep, she is a remarkably happy baby. I've been taking her to aerobics with me, and for an hour she sits on a blanket with a few toys and some cheerios, and just watches me dance and kids run around her. It has been great. At home I can sit her down with some toys and get some chores done for about 20 minutes at a time, which is nice because I am terrible at doing things with one hand/arm! Aurora's favorite "words" to say are "dada," "nana," and "mama." And when she sees herself in the mirror she smiles and waves.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wouldn't worry about it, her not crawling yet. Paige didn't crawl until she was close to a year also and she was my latest walker. But that doesn't stop her now! She'll do it when she's ready to! Love you guys!!